Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
JRE

70 posts, read 321,548 times

Advertisements

I would do some investigating before I moved to either Homestead, Orlando, or Kendall Lakes. The closed City of Homestead Dump was located at SW 310th Street & 160th Avenue and now is developed with homes and schools. Lennar Homes built Vista Lakes community on a WWII bombing range in Orlando Florida and live ammunition has been found throughout the neighborhoods. Kendall Lakes reportedly has a high rate of breast cancer. Be very careful and do a lot of research before moving to any community in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
I agree with SIF. The humidity/heat will dampen most your outdoor plans in the summer unless you have a boat. I believe the hot weather is slightly worse on the Gulf. I live in Tampa and the best thing about the award winning beaches in summer is the outdoor fresh water shower as you leave the beach when the gulf water temp. is simmering at 90 degrees. Cross off hiking, camping, biking, etc. in the summer, it's just too bloody hot. As a Californian, you'll be acclimated to traffic/dense population, since the coastline here is pretty much built up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida