U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
 
1 posts, read 2,019 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

[quote=myfask;446729]Here is another person for you shedav
What does ins. run for a home such as this????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,254,851 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
Here is another person for you shedav

I am so over people saying you have to be rich to live in Florida.
Granted South Florida has higher taxes and insurance but you don't have to be rich to live everywhere in Florida
If you are looking to move to Florida do your homework check out the different areas
We are in Jax
I am a SAHM to our 3 dogs and I do volunteer work
we live on *gasp* one income that is **double gasp** under $80k a year
we run our A/C when it is hot and the heat when it is cold
and I wouldn't consider our house a "shack"
and before someone(hmmm )says you must have done a "creative loan" we did a fixed 5.23 mortgage 3 years ago and only owe 17 more years.
karla


Wow... Beautiful home !!!

And you get all this for making a mere 80k....

And some spew that you cannot make it in Florida....

Kills yet another idea of the negative posters here....

Congrats on a beautiful home, I will trade my 1 acre and 2500 sq home in Ohio for this anyday and I will let you do all the landscaping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,254,851 times
Reputation: 357
Oh nooooooo

you have two cars too....

And green grass.....

And all along some of these posters say you cannot have it all......

Guess you proved them all wrong and only a poor <80k per year.....

What area are you in?

Gosh, the picture of your home makes me want to put mine up for sale tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,814,537 times
Reputation: 6981
Why would everybody have to live in a big house with a huge yard?
There are many, many good kids, happy kids, who turn into perfectly sane, normal, productive human beings who did not grow up with a huge yard and a dead end street so they could "play". These yards are great if you can't take the time to take a kid to a park, a museum, a movie, a ride on a subway. You actually get to experience and learn a heck of a lot more than just hanging out in a big yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,254,851 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Why would everybody have to live in a big house with a huge yard?
There are many, many good kids, happy kids, who turn into perfectly sane, normal, productive human beings who did not grow up with a huge yard and a dead end street so they could "play". These yards are great if you can't take the time to take a kid to a park, a museum, a movie, a ride on a subway. You actually get to experience and learn a heck of a lot more than just hanging out in a big yard.
Perfectly said..........

I grew up on a 60 x 100 lot and we had no problem with it at all.

Do not need huge yard when you have paradise in every direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 AM
 
6,561 posts, read 12,866,920 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Wow... Beautiful home !!!

And you get all this for making a mere 80k....

And some spew that you cannot make it in Florida....

Kills yet another idea of the negative posters here....

Congrats on a beautiful home, I will trade my 1 acre and 2500 sq home in Ohio for this anyday and I will let you do all the landscaping.
Doesn't kill a thing...... Now let's ask same poster how much they BOUGHT the house for 3+ years ago and how much that SAME house goes for now....

C'mon people.... Think before you type...

Edit: Oh, and 5.23% fixed rates are almost impossible to come by these days as well by the by...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
 
6,561 posts, read 12,866,920 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Why would everybody have to live in a big house with a huge yard?
There are many, many good kids, happy kids, who turn into perfectly sane, normal, productive human beings who did not grow up with a huge yard and a dead end street so they could "play". These yards are great if you can't take the time to take a kid to a park, a museum, a movie, a ride on a subway. You actually get to experience and learn a heck of a lot more than just hanging out in a big yard.
Quoted for 100% accuracy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay
598 posts, read 2,033,282 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Gosh, the picture of your home makes me want to put mine up for sale tomorrow.
When will you be arriving? Florida is calling you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 PM
 
17 posts, read 57,532 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Could it be having a chance to lose your home during the wonderful Hurricane season every single year? Perhaps its those very militant bugs? Is it the Tornado Warnings during Christmas? Could it be the torrential monsoon season during the summer? Maybe its the old people driving around in their blueblockers running into everyone and beeping like they're at a gocart track? Is it that summer heat that just melts your face and lungs away when you get into your car? Or the burning sand and pavement that scorches your barefeet? Is it those beautiful beaches with tiny waves, and schools of jellyfish or sharks waiting to sting or nibble? Perhaps its the burning hot salty ocean water that just makes all of the sea life in such a good mood?

Is it the adrenaline rush of swimming with the alligators in the lakes and rivers? Could it be some of the really weird people you can meet that just make you feel so comfortable? Perhaps its that awesome dried up, crusty brown winter? Or those half dead palm trees everywhere? Or those shanty 2bdr houses for 150-200k with rooms as small as closets and carports not big enough for cars? Is it the bombardment of new viruses or illnesses from tourists from all over the world? Or the many unrelenting humid days without electricity each year where your food goes bad, and your AC goes out due to giant thunderstorms? Is it the very limited and rotten produce sections at the supermarkets? Or the expenses for such quality food? Is it the brutal heat and burning sun in tradeskills jobs? Or the luxury jobs at gas stations and grocery stores? The lack of any insurance? Competing with illegal immigrants for just above minimum wages?

I'll let you figure it out for yourself.
Yea, sure, your home town of Dayton Ohio is better, (? )...No jobs, cold ,cloudy weather, Slums. Some people are never happy. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 05:31 AM
 
345 posts, read 843,119 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Could it be having a chance to lose your home during the wonderful Hurricane season every single year? Perhaps its those very militant bugs? Is it the Tornado Warnings during Christmas? Could it be the torrential monsoon season during the summer? Maybe its the old people driving around in their blueblockers running into everyone and beeping like they're at a gocart track? Is it that summer heat that just melts your face and lungs away when you get into your car? Or the burning sand and pavement that scorches your barefeet? Is it those beautiful beaches with tiny waves, and schools of jellyfish or sharks waiting to sting or nibble? Perhaps its the burning hot salty ocean water that just makes all of the sea life in such a good mood?

Is it the adrenaline rush of swimming with the alligators in the lakes and rivers? Could it be some of the really weird people you can meet that just make you feel so comfortable? Perhaps its that awesome dried up, crusty brown winter? Or those half dead palm trees everywhere? Or those shanty 2bdr houses for 150-200k with rooms as small as closets and carports not big enough for cars? Is it the bombardment of new viruses or illnesses from tourists from all over the world? Or the many unrelenting humid days without electricity each year where your food goes bad, and your AC goes out due to giant thunderstorms? Is it the very limited and rotten produce sections at the supermarkets? Or the expenses for such quality food? Is it the brutal heat and burning sun in tradeskills jobs? Or the luxury jobs at gas stations and grocery stores? The lack of any insurance? Competing with illegal immigrants for just above minimum wages?

I'll let you figure it out for yourself.
It's you.

You make it so cool. Didn't you know that?

Minus 5 points for lack of original thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top