Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 9,033 times

Advertisements

My husband has been relocated to the Palm Coast/Daytona Beach area. And I am employed with the US Post Office and would like to know how to either swap with someone looking to come to Cincinnati Oh or just transfer period. If anyone has any ideas or information for please let me know Looking to transfer by June of 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 08:47 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,722,550 times
Stick with the Daytona area. Have you been to Palm Coast? Read the other threads on it... it's not a good place. There's nothing there! You will be buying everything at Walmart, driving to Daytona Beach frequently (and it's not a short drive) and waiting for a city center to be built.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM

43 posts, read 147,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Stick with the Daytona area. Have you been to Palm Coast? Read the other threads on it... it's not a good place. There's nothing there! You will be buying everything at Walmart, driving to Daytona Beach frequently (and it's not a short drive) and waiting for a city center to be built.

Hey Redwingsfan, I've noticed you have an undeniable hate for Palm Coast. Any reason why, other than there's nothing to do? I have not visited there yet, so once I do I may totally agree with you, but at this point it seems you have a personal vendetta against the place.

I mean, is there nothing good at all? I personally don't go out, I don't need alot. So I don't see how PC would be horrible for me and mine. It seems to be an up and coming place (with it's problems, just like any growing area), why do you hate it oh so much?

Just curious.

Jaime

Old 03-23-2007, 06:41 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,722,550 times
No, I can't find anything good about the place. I guess if you want to say it's close to Flagler Beach it might be a good thing. But then why not just go to Flagler Beach? Palm Coast downright su cks. There's nothing good. The communities are horrible, no shopping, higher crime, it's a crap hole.

You said it's up and coming? That is a joke and certainly shows me you have never set foot in the town. There's nothing up and coming about Palm Coast. They have things "planned" for the place but haven't even come close to breaking ground on most of it. It's years away...

You are wanting a place for your animals and are desperate. It might be a good place for desperate people. I'm not in that situation so I would not choose to ever live there. It sounds like you are talking yourself into it and maybe you'll love it. Everyone has their own opinion. While I think it's awful you might think it's the best city ever. And it's not a personal vendetta against. I'm just honest. From a distance it looks good, prices look good, they brag about the new town center, etc. And when you get there you are standing a town of nothing scratching your head and saying "what???" because it's nothing like what was sold to you.

I know, I was in your position not so long ago, across country looking at Palm Coast online. I thought it looked great. When I got to this side of the country I was there 10 minutes and announced "I would never live here." What you see online and what's reality in person are two vastly different things. I'm trying to give people the "real" picture prior to choosing the place.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 PM

13 posts, read 194,080 times
I have to agree with RedWingsFan. I lived in Palm Coast for three years lured by the low cost prices on the new homes and living close to the beach. I hated it. I gave the place a chance, but in reality it was the worst move we ever made. It took us a long time to finally sell our home there and get out, but I am happy we did. There are lots of other places in Florida that offer a much better quality of life and much better job opportunities.
Good luck!

Old 06-24-2007, 07:09 PM

93 posts, read 369,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingme View Post
Hey Redwingsfan, I've noticed you have an undeniable hate for Palm Coast. Any reason why, other than there's nothing to do? I have not visited there yet, so once I do I may totally agree with you, but at this point it seems you have a personal vendetta against the place.

I mean, is there nothing good at all? I personally don't go out, I don't need alot. So I don't see how PC would be horrible for me and mine. It seems to be an up and coming place (with it's problems, just like any growing area), why do you hate it oh so much?

Just curious.

Jaime
Jamie, read the positive posts on PC by the residents who actually live there. RWF is not a resident and hates PC.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:10 AM

5 posts, read 18,451 times
I need some real info on Palm Coast from folks who live there. Move there or not? I don't care about the shopping or having to drive. I want to know the truth on crime and people. Are there a lot of bugs in homes and snakes, alligators????

Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM

460 posts, read 2,337,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rttampabay View Post
I need some real info on Palm Coast from folks who live there. Move there or not? I don't care about the shopping or having to drive. I want to know the truth on crime and people. Are there a lot of bugs in homes and snakes, alligators????

I am going to be living in Palm Coast in about 6 days. Are you planning to move down soon? I will keep this forum posted on my impressions of Palm Coast....

Jen

Old 06-25-2007, 05:37 PM

27 posts, read 161,974 times
2 weeks from now, I too will be moving to Palm Coast. I have visited Palm Coast and personally, I like the "laid-back" slower tempo of life PC has to offer. I might be wrong, but I am giving it a shot and will keep this forum advised.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM

93 posts, read 369,541 times
Talking Bugs, Snakes & Gators oh my!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rttampabay View Post
I live in PC on a freshwater canal and don't have any problems with snakes, bugs or alligators in or outside of my home. Gators are all over FL and have heard of them being a problem during the mating season...pretty cool pic on that other thread. In the 40 yrs living in FL we've never ever had that problem. Occasionally you might get a roach but a good exterminating company will keep the bugs at bay. Snakes can be anywhere and we've seen a few in the past 10 yrs here but to us nothing major and they weren't poisonous. Just make sure if you have a pool to screen it.

Crime is in every town and it's gotten worse as the town has grown which is normal. I personally don't know anyone who's been affected by what crime there is. Lots of mention about all that on the local forums you can check for yourself. It's a nice laid back still growing town. Your life is what you make it. Order the local newspaper before you move here to find out the latest happenings. You'd be wise to get a job first, rent for awhile and then make your final decision. Good Luck to all!

PS: If Mr. Negative RWF tries to imply I'm a realtor, with the chamber or someone trying to sell something/anything about PC, I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida