U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:49 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,254,851 times

Advertisements

Read some stories, MANY people I personally know and some on this board left the COLD Ohio and midwest states to come to Florida with little or no money in there pockets and have done extremely well.

I know one young man 19 years old who worked at my place of employment during the summer job program to save money to move to FLA, he had 1200.00 in his pocket, paid cash for a good car with his money HER EARNED and move to Boca Raton Fla and send us emails with pictures all the time.

He is happy, loves Florida, is making 45k per year at 20 years old now and is buying a house.

If Ohio or Michigan is such a great place, you should be able to leave Florida with a couple hundred dollars and a junker car and make it big time here, if you do not freeze to death before you are able to get a REAL MANS job.

I have done the comparisons, I can acutally live cheaper in Florida then here in my town, oh by the way, you are fooling yourself, when you read the 150.00 on homes being sold heat bills, they are usually lying and forgot to mention, that is just the heat or electric bill and not all of the expenses.

Like you said, they do not have to list all the info, you said it, I didnt. 150.00 heat bill for a double wide trailer with all the doors closed and kerosene heaters in every room.

I would trade 2400 Sq Ft, living space, 3400 TOTAL space if you want to count it all, for 1500 sq ft anytime as long as I can get in the ocean and get biten by a jelly fish.

Believe me frost bite hurts just as bad, and in some cold times, gloves DO NOT WORK !!!!

thank you so much for your input, when I have more time tonight I will post to each of you. You have taken you time to help me and I appreciate it.

WE ARE COMING TO FLORIDA """"WEATHER"""" YOU LIKE IT OR NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

ps, You cannot get warm working outside when it is 10 degrees here, no matter how many clothers you have on, you cannot get warm.
YOU CAN however get cooled down when its 90 here and muggy, very easy to do.

Last edited by Jammie; 03-23-2007 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 03-14-2007, 03:06 PM

796 posts, read 3,350,541 times
I would trade 2400 Sq Ft, living space, 3400 TOTAL space if you want to count it all, for 1500 sq ft anytime as long as I can get in the ocean and get biten by a jelly fish.

[b] LOLOLOL!! me too!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
I would trade 2400 Sq Ft, living space, 3400 TOTAL space ( NAH says you suppose to count your basement, garage and attic as space ) if you want to count it all, for 1500 sq ft anytime as long as I can get in the ocean and get biten by a jelly fish.

[b] LOLOLOL!! me too!!!

I would even trade my nice large home for need-affordable-homes trailer as long as I do not have to sell hot dogs out the window like he is and call it working from home.

I can smell the ocean breeze, it's calling me to come and play in the ocean........ here little jelly fish, here little jelly fish........

Old 03-14-2007, 03:21 PM

669 posts, read 2,941,989 times
Best post EVER Floridabound. You really hit the nail on the head...several times. Good job. He won't listen or care though. He'll come in with facts and crap about how he'll be fine up in Oil City or whatever.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:26 PM

1,775 posts, read 7,335,168 times
Oh that is so funny. he'll probably note it to the modifiers to get it taken off.... haha. But i live in FL and i love it here. I hate how he keeps discouraging others from moving to FL. Yeah the housing is an issue but that doesn't need to be discussed anymore. Obviously those moving to FL will find that out on their own. I'm happy to offer anyone the goods on moving to FL. Been to the beaches and never had a jellyfish near me, don't even know what sand lice is and gee a little sunblock takes care of the burns.

Last edited by Jammie; 03-23-2007 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: edited sentences

Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 12,159,047 times
Floridabound09 - NAH is a 25 year old who lives at home with his parents.

Loved your post. Come on down and see what it's all about - find a rental and live here for a while - you may decide its really for you or maybe not. I have been here over 20 years. I like Florida, I like the diversity, I don't like what has happened with insurance and I really sympathize with the newcomers due to the cost of home ownership.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
Oh that is so funny. he'll probably note it to the modifiers to get it taken off.... haha. But i live in FL and i love it here. I hate how he keeps discouraging others from moving to FL. Yeah the housing is an issue but that doesn't need to be discussed anymore. Obviously those moving to FL will find that out on their own. I'm happy to offer anyone the goods on moving to FL. Been to the beaches and never had a jellyfish near me, don't even know what sand lice is and gee a little sunblock takes care of the burns. I guess he just likes to post because it gives him something to do. He lives with mom and dad, his business is losing money, he has no car to go anywhere and he needs something to do all day long to keep himself sane.
Yes it is.

To hear him tell it all of you are in grave danger and should move out quickly !!

Stay away from the beaches, you will get burned, lice, biten by fishies etc.

Last edited by Jammie; 03-23-2007 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: sentence

Old 03-14-2007, 03:50 PM

1,775 posts, read 7,335,168 times
you know, he failed to mention getting eaten by an Alligator which is what FL is all about . Oh and believe me, i've had one sneak up on me before. i'd be more worried about that than anything else in FL.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,975,010 times
You are right, its your thread and I will tell you what you want to hear because this is what you want to hear....

Good luck in Florida. Enjoy the hot weather, enjoy the ocean, build a nice sand castle and say hello to the neighboors. I got nothing against you comming to Florida. But you gotta be prepared for a change in life. Florida is very, very different from Ohio.

If you have questions about my job, business, money, jellyfish, etc reply in one of my own threads. I dont want to "ruin" your thread anymore.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM

12 posts, read 73,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Is is me or is it very obvious this nut does not get along with anyone on this board, he loves to prove everyone wrong when he is so falt wrong on every issue it is amazing.
My recollection is that he used to get along very well with a poster named Christian11, who basically was booted from the board. Christian11 posted the same sort of anti-Florida rants and was rude and insulting besides. He personally attacked anyone who said anything nice about Florida and finally did it once too often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or