U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:52 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,154,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
I do not believe you know what you are talking about,get to my age 76,drove for Bell for 34 years,no tickets nor accidents.When you reach this age see if you can do as well.
I will agree that south florida probably has more than there share of older incompetent drivers.
Your second sentence contradicts your premiss. You challenge others to be as competent as you are at your age, suggesting most aren't.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 AM

2,903 posts, read 10,909,711 times
Folks,
This thread was started in 2007....VERY OLD POST.

Let's not make this an older/younger drivers thread. There are just too many factors involved.

1) Older drivers who perhaps should give up their license.
2) People texting......(how stupid is THAT.)
3) Illegals driving junk.
4) Young kids not taking Driver's Ed.
5) Rich parents giving their kids brand new cars they do not know how to care for or drive.
6) People rushing everywhere too busy to be careful.
7) Quieter cars with blaring music not hearing sirens, etc.
8) Blatant disregard for emergency vehicles...(believe me I know).

Etc,etc......

Frank

Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,451,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Her address is wrong (nice work, news-press). A 20 second search through Lee county public records shows you that much. Based on where she lives, I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that she's a snowbird (if it wasn't illegal to do so).

I see no problem with testing people based on age, alone. It is a scientific fact that vision and reflexes deteriorate with age. Age discrimination, in a case like this, is nothing like race or sex discrimination. Just start testing people at age 55, 60, or 65.

I don't think kids should be getting driver's licenses at 16, either. But that's not the topic, here.
In all honesty young and/or distracted drivers account for as many if not more fatal accidents than seniors do in this country.

As someone approaching 55 who is a very competent driver--no accidents or tickets in 30 years, including when I'm driving my roadster--I find your remarks rude to say the least.

We'd be better off requiring EVERYONE to retest every 10 years. I'd have no problem doing so and passing--including the paralell park, something which unfortunately isn't on the FL road test. It's a great indicator of how aware a driver is of the space around their car. Wonder if you could pass that part of the test--I'll bet not.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Folks,
The Original poster of this thread was BANNED over 2 years ago for being a troll.

That, and it being a very old post, I'm quite tempted to just close the thread.

It is a good idea sometimes to consider when reading a thread that seems controversial to remember that it might have been posted by a troll, just to get folks riled up.

Frank

Old 02-07-2010, 01:36 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,154,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
Folks,
The Original poster of this thread was BANNED over 2 years ago for being a troll.

That, and it being a very old post, I'm quite tempted to just close the thread.

It is a good idea sometimes to consider when reading a thread that seems controversial to remember that it might have been posted by a troll, just to get folks riled up.

Frank
Having old threads being closed should be a policy anyway I think. I notice most old threads that come back to life are by first time posters who don't notice how old the thread is, often responding to the OP directly. How come you don't do that? Often the info in the threads is dated anyway and can be misleading such as some of the real estate threads.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Having old threads being closed should be a policy anyway I think. I notice most old threads that come back to life are by first time posters who don't notice how old the thread is, often responding to the OP directly. How come you don't do that? Often the info in the threads is dated anyway and can be misleading such as some of the real estate threads.
Good point, and I do not disagree. At this time it is not policy, because sometimes folks may wish to give an update, etc. I will say that a Mod will be much more inclined to close a old thread, especially when it looks like it has run it's course..........like this one. So with that, I guess I'll close it.

Enjoy! Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or