U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 AM

70 posts, read 323,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovemuffin View Post
I was born here too. It is a shame native Floridians are being run out of their homes to so called "progress".
What will become of the North when every Northerner in the U.S. moves to Florida? Why can't some of you go to California?

earthquakes pose far more damage than huricanes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I was born here too. It is a shame native Floridians are being run out of their homes to so called "progress".
What will become of the North when every Northerner in the U.S. moves to Florida? Why can't some of you go to California?

You know, native floridians are not being run out they are choosing not to progress to be able to afford the cost of living... If I was a native and I wanted to stay and my cost of living was much higher now I would get off my lazy as* like many northerners do and quite my job at publix for a professional career that pays 10x's what your making. Now, for the seniors that are on retirement and pensions and stuff like that then I think the state should (if they don't already) make special tax breaks to accomodate them. When I see a 22 year old guy in the street in better health than me asking me for a dollar to get on the train (mind you it cost 2 dollars) I get sick to my stomach and tell him/her to get a job. People need to be responsible for themselves and stop blaming everone else and the goverment for there mishaps or financial status... The beauty of this county is your FREE to do whatever you want, be it move, work, start a business etc...

You'll get no sympathy from me that's for sure...

Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdalton View Post
My dad got transferred to the Kennedy Space Center in 1987. We lived in central Florida for six years, but I still visit the state. And man, has it changed!

When we moved to Florida, I still had my southern twang and was made fun of alot, but eventually I lost most of my accent. The people were not the friendliest in the world, but eventually I adapted to my new surroundings. Overall I had an enjoyable experience in Florida. I got to meet a diverse group of people and got to know many people from all over.

I wish the newcomers the best of luck. I remember I ran into a few natives that were not happy with all the newcomers, but 95% of the natives I met were super people. Remember these are opinions, not facts!

I don't think we have to worry about that anymore, most of the people in FL now migrated from NY... lol so we'll all fit right in...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:48 AM

177 posts, read 629,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdalton View Post
My dad got transferred to the Kennedy Space Center in 1987. We lived in central Florida for six years, but I still visit the state. And man, has it changed!

When we moved to Florida, I still had my southern twang and was made fun of alot, but eventually I lost most of my accent. The people were not the friendliest in the world, but eventually I adapted to my new surroundings. Overall I had an enjoyable experience in Florida. I got to meet a diverse group of people and got to know many people from all over.

I wish the newcomers the best of luck. I remember I ran into a few natives that were not happy with all the newcomers, but 95% of the natives I met were super people. Remember these are opinions, not facts!
I believe that you will find out that in any area, the transplants and the natives are all pretty nice people. We shouldn't let a few rude and ignorant people turn us against one another.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:05 PM

113 posts, read 435,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Your a nut...

I would give you less then a month in January in Ohio, you would be heading back to Fla with your tail stuck ( no frozen ) between you legs.

We are coming to Florida whether you like it or not and bringing my hard earned money with me.

I look forward to your first post after you experience a series of Cat3/4 hurricanes that flattens your new house.

And your previous post are filled with nothing but clueless ramblings.

FL would be a cesspool if it weren't for Notherner's money?!? I guess you're referring to Northern Latin America?

75% of Florida wages come from Notherner's pockets?? WTF?? Where did you get this?@#@!

Your arguments are completely unsubstantiated by real facts, you're merely trying to project your own internal opinions as facts.

Either way, we welcome you old decrepit northerners who have squandered your entire lives in a dismal geographical existence, and now are left to cashing in your chips at a chance of the Florida dream.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:07 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,540,011 times
little harsh.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,342,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rperreta View Post
You know, native floridians are not being run out they are choosing not to progress to be able to afford the cost of living... If I was a native and I wanted to stay and my cost of living was much higher now I would get off my lazy as* like many northerners do and quite my job at publix for a professional career that pays 10x's what your making. Now, for the seniors that are on retirement and pensions and stuff like that then I think the state should (if they don't already) make special tax breaks to accomodate them. When I see a 22 year old guy in the street in better health than me asking me for a dollar to get on the train (mind you it cost 2 dollars) I get sick to my stomach and tell him/her to get a job. People need to be responsible for themselves and stop blaming everone else and the goverment for there mishaps or financial status... The beauty of this county is your FREE to do whatever you want, be it move, work, start a business etc...

You'll get no sympathy from me that's for sure...
I'm a native and the cost of living is easy. Its the arrogant people like you that bite off more then they can chew thats hurting Florida. I would not pick on the people working at Publix. ( all the people I talk to that work there are from the north). If not for them you would not survive here. So don't go bashing natives or the people that are retired. Some good advice, Don't be patting yourself on the back unless your in a league with Bill Gates. You might be totally surprised how poor you look to some of the natives.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,256,242 times
Quote:
If you look your family history will show you are from the north too at one point,

Sorry, but their ain't any Northerners in my blood. My grandparents were born in Alabama, their parents in Alabama, and my great great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee from the reservation there, so my family goes back to 2 generations to Indian, not Northerners.
No offense to you at all, comment was in general for NAH and river rat that always post about northeners taking over their land.

Alabama is a very pretty state too. Spent a couple weeks via work in several cities.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM

944 posts, read 3,533,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
- Your a nut
- you have swallowed to much sand...
- do not post what it is like because you are totally wrong
- you do not have the right to post crap
- Move the heck out
- get a better job
- you sure are not TUFF enough
- Get a grip
- find a better paying job
- your tail stuck between your legs.

- We are coming to Florida whether you like it or not
Wow, it's like you're already here; you talk the talk!

Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM

800 posts, read 2,808,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Ive said it many times and will say it again. Hurricanes, crime, insanely expensive houses, 10 months of miserable heat, bad drivers, depreciating houses(my parents dropped another $45k last month) and many other reasons. Hey im not gonna stop you from moving to FL. Do avoid south FL. North FL is OK if you have deep pockets, my dream house would cost $300k there. Dont really like the $200k houses, not big and not nice enough for me.

I am 25 by the way. Yes I believe in global warming. You did have a few cold days but most of your days werent bad with highs in the 40s and 50s and lows not much below freezing. But hey ill take your winters over my summers and hurricanes. Also Ohio has much lower costs of living. I think many people dwell too much on the winters and overlook all the other positive things about Ohio

You really should move while you're young! If you hate Florida so much, why stay and annoy yourself any further. Go find your dream world and a little happiness. Life's too short to be so miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or