U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:10 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixpilot View Post
I look forward to your first post after you experience a series of Cat3/4 hurricanes that flattens your new house.

And your previous post are filled with nothing but clueless ramblings.

FL would be a cesspool if it weren't for Notherner's money?!? I guess you're referring to Northern Latin America?

75% of Florida wages come from Notherner's pockets?? WTF?? Where did you get this?@#@!

Your arguments are completely unsubstantiated by real facts, you're merely trying to project your own internal opinions as facts.

Either way, we welcome you old decrepit northerners who have squandered your entire lives in a dismal geographical existence, and now are left to cashing in your chips at a chance of the Florida dream.
Old, who is old... 47 and ready to retire and earned my money and I am coming down to YES, spend it in Florida.

We had added strenght to your state and continue to do so.
You dont see it because you dont want to.

Gosh, another Northern hater...

And Yes, tourist job cover 75% of your state income and it isnt Florida residents who are tourists.

Join NAH in his house and whine some more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 07:38 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Wow, it's like you're already here; you talk the talk!
Maybe I am, you never know, laptops come in handy these days.

And I can walk to walk as well.

Will your dealing with someone like NAH, you have to do whatever you can to get him to stop his non informative Florida bashing hits.

Point being if he doesn't like it there, then leave and let others decide for themselves.

I preparing myself to handle those who do not like northeners in Florida when I move. Well trained I guess, my boss was born and raised in Ft Myers and cannot wait to move back.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:11 PM

142 posts, read 519,448 times
I applied to join the Pa state police at age 28 (after getting an AST degree and military service). I was a divorced father and looking to better myself. I jumped through all the hoops including an overnight trip to Hershey for the rigorous testing they do.

I ended up on or near the top of every ranking to get into the next class. But during the background check my ex did and said everthing she could do to keep me from realizing my dream. I can't to this day figure this out, since our child would have benefited on so many levels.

I gave up on Pa and the politics of that area. Her family had alot of power and I was spinning my wheels. I didn't want to be away from my son, but I wanted more out of life. She forced me to make a choice.

I moved to Fla for the expanded opportunities and to get in on the ground floor of a boom town (port saint lucie -1989). I ended up with a successful life and health insurance practice. I never have to buy advertising. My reputation gets me the work I need to succeed.

But I would have been happier being the hero I tried to be for my son. My father was a cop and I thought he was the greatest man who ever took a breath. I still (to this day)don't understand why a woman would cut her own childs throat like that.

I now own a vacation home in Pa and rarely see my son. He has been thoroughly brain washed against me over the last 2 decades. His mothers family gave him a 300k home at the age of 24 and he can't read or write.

He had no idea of how average people struggle to get what he was given so easily. Has no idea how it took his father 20 years to get to a point where he could buy a nice home in Pa to be near him again...

PSL is not what it was. But my son isn't either. NEPA isn't what it was. Nothing is. You go bend with the wind or you break. I couldn't take the heat of Fl summers anymore. But I also couldn't take the cold of the Pocono winters either. As we age we get less tolerant of extremes in temp..

Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 PM

267 posts, read 1,026,532 times
Controversy. huh??

Look, it boils down to this. Northerners have been moving down to Florida for years and it's not about to stop anytime soon. You 'natives' can either live with it and not let it rent space in your brain (as my grandma would say) or leave!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
People move to Florida to make a better life. Just as Riverview wants to "escape" what she/he perceives as a bad situation by moving to North Florida!!!! God forbid North Floridians start complaining about all the Central and South Floridians moving up here!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 PM

267 posts, read 1,026,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2dadark View Post
I applied to join the Pa state police at age 28 (after getting an AST degree and military service). I was a divorced father and looking to better myself. I jumped through all the hoops including an overnight trip to Hershey for the rigorous testing they do.

I ended up on or near the top of every ranking to get into the next class. But during the background check my ex did and said everthing she could do to keep me from realizing my dream. I can't to this day figure this out, since our child would have benefited on so many levels.

I gave up on Pa and the politics of that area. Her family had alot of power and I was spinning my wheels. I didn't want to be away from my son, but I wanted more out of life. She forced me to make a choice.

I moved to Fla for the expanded opportunities and to get in on the ground floor of a boom town (port saint lucie -1989). I ended up with a successful life and health insurance practice. I never have to buy advertising. My reputation gets me the work I need to succeed.

But I would have been happier being the hero I tried to be for my son. My father was a cop and I thought he was the greatest man who ever took a breath. I still (to this day)don't understand why a woman would cut her own childs throat like that.

I now own a vacation home in Pa and rarely see my son. He has been thoroughly brain washed against me over the last 2 decades. His mothers family gave him a 300k home at the age of 24 and he can't read or write.

He had no idea of how average people struggle to get what he was given so easily. Has no idea how it took his father 20 years to get to a point where he could buy a nice home in Pa to be near him again...

PSL is not what it was. But my son isn't either. NEPA isn't what it was. Nothing is. You go bend with the wind or you break. I couldn't take the heat of Fl summers anymore. But I also couldn't take the cold of the Pocono winters either. As we age we get less tolerant of extremes in temp..
sorry to hear about your relationship with your son. Too many kids grow up without their fathers. It's a shame to see a parent not be able to be involved in thier childrens lives - especially when they want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or