U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM

52 posts, read 264,428 times

Advertisements

Having just moved here from Kansas I have to agree... They are much better drivers up there. I had never even heard of such a thing as "onlooker delay" until I moved here. I just try to drive with a lot of distance in between me and the car ahead. If only I could click my heels and wake up back in Kansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,219,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdalton View Post
According to GMAC Insurance, the states with the best drivers are in the west. Oregon, Washington, Vermont, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas, Idaho, and Wyoming have the safest and most knowledgable drivers. States in the northeast have the worst drivers. Rhode Island, Washington, DC, Massachuetts, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Hawaii, Connecticut, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania ranked the worst in safety and knowledge. Florida was not in the top 10 for worst drivers, but was actually number 11, behind Pennsylvania.

This might be based on population and number of vehicles, I will say that you have more accidents in the northeast vs the west.... Did they mentioned the premiums for both areas? Will be great to see a comparison....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida