U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:21 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,398,357 times

Advertisements

i received a negative mark for "trolling." what does that mean anyway? and i have some positive marks for "quick - reputation." anyone know what all this stuff is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 08:23 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,117,811 times
I have wondered this myself, also wonder why I am not allowed to rate others as well.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have wondered this myself, also wonder why I am not allowed to rate others as well.

Must spread reputation before leaving it again. I give you positive reputations, spread the love

Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,240,055 times
If you go to My Settings in the upper left-hand part of the top of the page, it will show you rep points with comments by the giver.

If you go to the white scales icon in the upper right-hand part of the post that you want to give rep points for, you can give positive or negative rep points and add a comment- it will be anonymous unless you include your screen name with the comment.

Never figured out the definition of troll...

Old 03-14-2007, 08:33 PM

4,948 posts, read 15,952,880 times
Default ?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i received a negative mark for "trolling." what does that mean anyway? and i have some positive marks for "quick - reputation." anyone know what all this stuff is?
I maggiekate will say you are gr great!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,228,008 times
I have alot of marks, As soon as my broker friend gets on line and reads the post I did today. I should get at least two more. Troll ..............do you live near a bridge ???

Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,298,333 times
Yup, here in Fla. knows the score. You can often see who gives you the rep points by checking "My Settings" in the upper left hand corner. Sometimes people leave their name and other times it's just a quick reputation. I prefer using the scales of justice myself so I can leave a comment and sign it so they know I think they're cool.

An internet troll is someone who hops from site to site and just leaves junk in order to irritate someone or to cause problems. They don't really belong to any particular site, but just wander around seeing who they can irritate.

Believe me, BacktoFla., you AREN'T a troll. Oh yea, but does anyone remember those troll dolls with the long hair that we had back in the 60s? Did I just get off subject here or what?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:54 AM

35 posts, read 144,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Yup, here in Fla. knows the score. You can often see who gives you the rep points by checking "My Settings" in the upper left hand corner. Sometimes people leave their name and other times it's just a quick reputation. I prefer using the scales of justice myself so I can leave a comment and sign it so they know I think they're cool.

An internet troll is someone who hops from site to site and just leaves junk in order to irritate someone or to cause problems. They don't really belong to any particular site, but just wander around seeing who they can irritate.

Believe me, BacktoFla., you AREN'T a troll. Oh yea, but does anyone remember those troll dolls with the long hair that we had back in the 60s? Did I just get off subject here or what?
Thanks for the info!!! I've been off the site for 10 days and wowwie did i miss the stuff!!! troll...yeah there are a few here, for sure!!!
I remember the trolls in the 60s!!! makes perfect sense!!!
THX!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,421,342 times
a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Old 03-16-2007, 03:15 PM

9,486 posts, read 19,263,195 times
That would describe most of us here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or