Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM

268 posts, read 900,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Florida's largest asset is NOT it's people. Read these posts. Posters here are hateful. I think anger is everywhere right now because of the economy but Floridians seem to lack the refinement to keep it to where it's civil. Floridian posters on this board are crude and rude and they speak loudly to the rest of the country about the lack of civility and education here. This isn't true of all Floridians but a lot of posters fall into this description.
Hey Vero Beach Fellow, you can't lump all of us in the same boat. That's like saying all Jewish people are poor, which is 100% not true. And if we're all such dumb backwoods people, why does Forbes magazine rank Florida as the #1 state with the most millionaires? Jealousy shows up in different ways, that said, VB, maybe you need to get a grip on your own perspective of your local community. Perhaps looking within yourself and making a difference in your own community might help relieve you of your distorted viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 04:55 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
D-R-B, you're opinion is like your as*hole, we all have one.
Sure looks like the same boat to me............

Old 02-13-2009, 05:08 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
Hey Vero Beach Fellow, you can't lump all of us in the same boat. That's like saying all Jewish people are poor, which is 100% not true. And if we're all such dumb backwoods people, why does Forbes magazine rank Florida as the #1 state with the most millionaires? Jealousy shows up in different ways, that said, VB, maybe you need to get a grip on your own perspective of your local community. Perhaps looking within yourself and making a difference in your own community might help relieve you of your distorted viewpoint.
You didn't read my last sentence... "This isn't true of all Floridians but a lot of posters fall into this description."

See what I mean? Your post says a lot about the Florida school system when you can't read properly.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:53 AM

263 posts, read 574,721 times
I hope you are not speaking about native Floridians as being rude and crude. You must be refering to newer residents of the state.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:54 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
What I don't understand is why...when the thread is about Florida Assets, the usual gloom and doomer's have to hi-jack it and make it into a negative thread.

Seriously with all the negative threads that seem to thrive on the Florida boards, why can't there be a few positive ones?

Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 AM

"Florida's largest asset is NOT it's people. Read these posts. Posters here are hateful. I think anger is everywhere right now because of the economy but Floridians seem to lack the refinement to keep it to where it's civil. Floridian posters on this board are crude and rude and they speak loudly to the rest of the country about the lack of civility and education"

^^^Perhaps it starts when Northern transplants move down here and say these things (above)...

When this person says, "Floridians" I assume he/she is talking about natives. But hopefully I am wrong.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:45 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
I am not a Floridian. Those are natives born in this state. I am an unwilling transplant.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 PM

LOL, I know TANaples.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
BEST BEACHES IN THE US - PERIOD. The only state in the US surrounded by three sides of ocean and almost considered an island. Mosquitos and bugs are not that big a deal. In the summer, crank your AC, install screens and don't stay out all night fishing in the Everglades and avoid swamps. National real estate experts consider Florida the most promsing future of any state in the US... California was the best, but they have all sorts of problems now.

Now Miami is whole other story!

My 2 cents.

Florida the most promising real estate future? Are you investing in property there than?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Florida just is...

Hard to sum up the assets, there are so many from weather to tremendous skyscapes, beaches, lifestyle, etc., etc. Florida is a state of mind.
A fantasy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida