Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM

44 posts, read 154,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Girl View Post
My husband and I are wanting to move back (we spent a year in Naples, to busy, to expensive) to Florida. We are looking for a small town, population between 12 to 20 thousand. Quaint, friendly, affordable, safe. We are in our W's, active and will be looking for employment. Is there any such place or are we dreaming?
You might like North Port. It is next to Port Charlotte but a newer city. We are about 30 minutes south of Sarasota. We have new schools, sports and a very young population. We are near shopping and the beach. I have been here for 10 years, I have seen alot of changes, new schools going up almost every year, shopping and businesses coming in. We love it here and would not raise our kids anywhere else. You need to research many cities and find the one that best suits your family. Good luck to you.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM

11 posts, read 29,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwwestpalmcondocom View Post
I grew up in Northern NY and wouldnt go back if you paid me. I have a newer home and have had 3 hurricanes fly right over and sustained little damage. Ocala is an extremely quaint little town with lots to do and jobs too. Its in the middle of the state but well worth the sunshine and prices are reasonable.
Ocala is a nice town, but it has 250K people in the county. That is more than ten times the size that the original poster is looking for.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 6,046 times
i live in maine currently am looking into moving to florida, im looking to see if anyone could give me advice on where a good place to live in florida is, with that city i would like to know how expensive/inexpensive it is and how the job market, and also the places to stay away from is, if anyone could help me out that would be great. thanks so much

Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 PM

6 posts, read 10,269 times
Depends what you are looking for and what type of work you do. I would be happy to help you. Are you looking for the East Coast or West Coast. Give me a little more info on what you are looking for and i would be able to guide you in the right direction.

Moderator cut: realtor advertising

Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 16,148 times
Default Port Charlotte is nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill & Sean View Post
We are looking in the Port Charlotte area, Deep Creek. It appears to be a nice area-gulf side. I have gone to Florida four times this past year and would like to be near the coast. Have only been on the East, so next month will be our first trip to the west coast. Any comments on this area or surrounding I would appreciate it.
I have family in Port Charlotte. It suffered quite a bit of hurricane damage, as I'm sure you know. It is nice though, and the people are very nice. Lots of
Midwesterners. Cost of living is good, from what I have gathered from relatives.

My husband and I are going to be relocating to Naples very soon. It is very beautiful and a very affluent community ( if you like that atmosphere ) The crime is very low, but it it is expensive. It is a trade off - for the low crime I believe. Whatever you do, do NOT move to West Palm Beach,FL. Crime is rampant in almost every neighborhood.

Good luck

Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM

9 posts, read 23,906 times
Wink moving to Florida

My dh and I have been talking about moving to Florida for years. So, finally, we will be doing so. We have decided to move to the southwest (gulf) area. My dh thought Sarasota, but it appears to be expensive. Then we thought Port Charlotte,Fort Myers or Naples area. How about the other side, Ft. Lauderdale? We have a large family. I am a nurse and dh is working in corrections here, but he is considering real estate down there. Any advice would be helpful.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Hi what about Wesley Chapel or New Tampa. This area is great. Only 45 min. to the beaches. Lower property taxes than most counties and most area are not in a flood area. Great malls. And when the last 4 hurricanes came, we had hardly nothing more than a lot of wind and some rain. Beautiful weather everyday, what more can you ask for?

Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybein View Post
My dh and I have been talking about moving to Florida for years. So, finally, we will be doing so. We have decided to move to the southwest (gulf) area. My dh thought Sarasota, but it appears to be expensive. Then we thought Port Charlotte,Fort Myers or Naples area. How about the other side, Ft. Lauderdale? We have a large family. I am a nurse and dh is working in corrections here, but he is considering real estate down there. Any advice would be helpful.
forget ft lauderdale, its a zoo, schools r a war zone for the most part. also forget working in real estate the market is dead with no signs of revival for years to come. u should do fine as a nurse anywhere and your husband should try and get into corrections down here. stay on west coast, southeast coast is like moving to the bronx or queens, NY.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:05 AM
sdk

8 posts, read 27,715 times
Have You Looked Into Alva On Rt80 There Is A Community Just Starting Has Own Grammer School..going To Have Town Hall And Down The Road A Down Town ,,not Cheap But Hoa Even Includes Security Fees ... You Can Look On Line Cascades Of River Hall..

Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Gainsville Florida rated #1 place to live in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida