Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:43 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times

Advertisements

Living in Lakeland will become even more convient with the Rail Line that is going to be built. There will be a stop in Lakeland. Now that the money has been awarded to build the Rail Line. Travel from Lakeland to Tampa or to Disney World or even the Orlando Airport will be possible. I imagine both cities will have their bus systems connect at these Rail Stations, for travel to certain points in those Metro's. I read it will be completed sometime in 2015. Finally some form of transit in Central Fla and it will help to get some of the traffic off of I-4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 07:28 AM

729 posts, read 1,300,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
I agree 100% with rogercobb. The city-data "rose colored glasses" Lakeland is very different from the real Lakeland that many of us are familiar with. Some of us would rather post honestly than just try to tell others what they want to hear. We are not selling property nor are we trying to score rep points or be everybody's buddy. All a person has to do is actually spend some time in Lakeland and see for themselves. The "paradise" Lakeland is nothing more than a figment of people's imagination.

Lakeland is flat and extremely hot during the summer and the commute to Orlando and Tampa is horrific due to the traffic. Crime is rampant and the city is very poverty stricken. That is the real Lakeland.

Once again, driving through a city, looking at a pretty picture in a magazine, or spending time in the tourist area is NOT the same as actually living here. I feel sorry for anyone who comes here looking for REAL advice, but every other forum on the internet backs up the fact that Lakeland has some serious issues and many residents would rather live elsewhere.

There are some wonderful things about the area but the bad far far outweighs the good in my opinion.

Here is the local paper to check out our regular breaking news stories - The Ledger

Unless of course the local paper is lying also.
WOW! Having lived in Chicago, Tallahassee and Tampa, there are worse places to be.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 AM

791 posts, read 1,425,992 times
Lakeland .... is a one horse town with 2 wagons .... always has been ..... the only real history there is the Terrace Hotel were many famous people once stayed.... Ma Barker and the boys....Evinrude....Ernest Borgnine..... oh....and also Bernie Little....hes long dead now....the only reason the by pass came to be was because of Lawton Chiles.... I was there when edgewood was a dirt road with one street light..... so I know things.... history of lake mirror would surprise people...

Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 PM

729 posts, read 1,300,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
history of lake mirror would surprise people...
No more than a lot of American cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida