U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 AM
jon jon started this thread

49 posts, read 245,447 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from Tampa to Gainesville in May. My wife has accepted an offer to work at Shands Hospital. I would like any information on the Gainesville area I can get. I coach youth sports (soccer) and we have two children. Has anyone made this move? Thank you in advance, Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 AM

9,840 posts, read 20,083,646 times
I think you will really like Gainesville. It has a nice slow pace and plenty of cultural and sporting events for the entire community.

I wouldn't advise trying to find a place far outside of town, as your wife will simply have a longer commute. The traffic coming from the Haile side of town is probably the city's worst. I have a friend who lives out there and he literally tears his hair out on a daily basis.

There is an interesting new development called Madeira which is very close to Shands and is not terribly overpriced. Your wife could literally walk to work. There are also some nice homes in the NW side of town that are closer in that have character and lots of trees. Duck Pond is Gainesville's historic district. You should check it out too. A friend of mine from Tampa goes nuts each time we drive through there.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or