Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:07 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Maybe it's a generalization thing.
You would be correct

Old 02-27-2009, 11:14 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,197,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Not according to the score that counts... which is the final score...You can ask General Lee, who surrendered, he knows the good guys won, otherwise, this guy in the White House today wouldn't be President.
The same good guys that had slaves themselves and let it go on in this country for around a 100 years before 1865 or was it the good guys that brought slaves into Northern US ports on ships flying the American flag?

Old 02-28-2009, 04:32 AM

4 posts, read 6,855 times
Being from Washington, D.C. I was transported here to the Emerald Coast and I can tell you one of the oddest things and most memorable was actually the friendliest nature of the people here. Being from the East Coast, it''s a behavior you don't see a lot. People were so friendly that it was scary. And I actually had to adjust to it. I can't speak for any other area in Florida, but in the Panhandle, you'll be in for a surprise. So just move to Fort Walton Beach and call it a day.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:40 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Default Not to start another food thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Generalize much?

New York does have the best pizza though.
but the bagels also. Nothing can be done about that. As that bagel man told me, it's in the water.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,944 times
i was born and raised in FL and i think the simple answer to that is the way they drive because they do not know where they are going. Its not usually just a few people but the majority seem to be from out of state.
Im a military wife so i have moved to a few different places out of state and no i didnt get treated poorly from being from FL and on the road your always going to get the few that get agitated because you dont know where your going sometimes. they just dont have to deal with it as much.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 AM

150 posts, read 481,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarNhand View Post
A lot of them aren't native Floridians. They are probably from NY, and they are probably complaining about FL because it used to be cheap, and that's why they moved here, and now it's not. And they hate cold weather and didnt want to shovel snow or whatever. FL used to be great, that I agree with.

Yeah but the New Yorkers that yall are talking about are actually mostly from NYC which really is a whole different state it really belongs in New Jersey. Most actual New Yorkers Ive met are country and laid back. Actually the Native Floridians which that really doesnt mean much are just as bad if not worse then the half backs. Their actually refered to in the mountains and Flatlanders or better yet Floridiots. They fly all their Florida Flags and talk about how great Florida was. Their just like the Puerto Ricans in Floriduh. Their so proud of where they come from but wont go back. Floriduh is like Georgias Mexico and we cant control the borders.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:17 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
150 year old Civil war stats?

Traffic commentary?

Food critics?

Folks....please get back on topic....which seems about to be exhausted and soon to be closed.

Closed minds close topics..........

Frank D.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:56 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
People tend to dislike other people who make them feel inadequate. Plus it's the whole envy thing. The Northerner with deep pockets and all.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Before posting, ask yourself, "Is it helpful, true, respectful, and in accordance with the TOS..?".....it IS that simple Folks......

Dear Moderator Frank... with the caption of Why do Floridians dislike Northerners so much? This thread never stood a chance.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Default It should have been titled

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Before posting, ask yourself, "Is it helpful, true, respectful, and in accordance with the TOS..?".....it IS that simple Folks......

Dear Moderator Frank... with the caption of Why do Floridians dislike Northerners so much? This thread never stood a chance.
NATIVE Floridians, since afterall, so many people here are from somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida