U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 10:11 PM
TD*

1,518 posts, read 3,132,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpunn03 View Post
Ok here is my situation: I live in ohio married with 3 children. We have a combined income of around 100K\yr. I'm in the IT field and my wife is a LPN. We like the weather in FL and want to try something different and are thinking of moving to:

1. Orlando
2. Jacksonville
3. Tampa
4. Tallahasee

We are laid back family in our mid 30's. Kids range from 8-16 yrs old. We like to hit the beaches, ride bikes, motorcycles, walk the dogs, go out to bars and grown-up clubs. We looking for a quiet suburban feel with good schools, low crime, goods jobs and nice people.
Tallahassee hits all those points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,492 times
Default Try North Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
I wouldn't worry about rich. Florida isn't anywhere near California priced. If this were a Cali thread people might say you need to be rich (which isn't even totally true, there's cheaper areas of Cali too).

You do NOT need to be rich to live in Florida. North Florida/the panhandle are much cheaper then the rest of it.
Very true. The problem isn't often income but high living expenses. In South Florida, you'd be hard pressed to find anything under 200,000. I have seen homes, just as nice, if not better, in North Florida selling for around 40,000.

Keep in mind, there is very little economic growth in Florida except for within the healthcare industry which is already pretty flooded. There is a lot more competition for employment and a lot less jobs to go around in many areas of South & Central Florida.

Try sticking with Northern Florida. It's less crowded, offers just as many job opportunities, if not more and is a lot more affordable.

You don't ever need to earn a high wage, living is about keeping your costs low and living in South Florida is definitely not the way to do so.

And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.- John 17:3

Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 AM

34,399 posts, read 41,509,339 times
Where Is The Best Place To Live In Florida For Work And Affordable Housing?

If we tell you then it wont take long before it wont be the best place for work and affordable housing.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,846 times
i was planning to move to florida to retire there .but with all this negative feedback that im reading about florida i may change my mind .i live in a ****hole right now called puerto rico i dont think florida could be any worse .any suggestions

Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM

34,399 posts, read 41,509,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphhern55 View Post
i was planning to move to florida to retire there .but with all this negative feedback that im reading about florida i may change my mind .i live in a ****hole right now called puerto rico i dont think florida could be any worse .any suggestions
What negative feed back is dissuading you from moving to Florida?
Some work very hard to keep any negativity from appearing on the forum.
Think of the beaches,the warm weather,,ooops i see you are from Puerto Rico so i guess beaches and warm weather arent a big draw...... I'm sure theres other stuff in Florida that will please you besides beaches and warm weather,,,, malls? Disney? errr... bea....Do you like to drive?many people like driving in Fla.how about flea markets? plenty around...Fishing is great..

Old 10-31-2012, 12:28 PM

2,869 posts, read 6,410,961 times
Quote:
Tell us about your situation and maybe we can help.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,846 times
well im originally from new jersey but i was working with the federal goverment and i was sent here to puerto rico to work my last last years here so i decided to retire here in puerto rico big mistake.i never thought this place would be like hell .i hate beaches i like the weather but thats it .i do miss he states and im looking to retire in a nice place it doesnt have to be a paradise but a decent place .and beleive me this place is not it o much crime the people are crazy .and riving is **** well if anyone has any suggestions i would really much apreciate it

Old 11-07-2012, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,314 times
Hey, I live in Seattle Wa and I'm planing to move to some where in Florida. My 1st idea is Miami but I know it is too expensive to live in the city. My question is what cities around Miami cost less to live and not to far from The beaches. Btw my income around 3000$ per month. Thank you.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM

2,869 posts, read 6,410,961 times
Quote:
well im originally from new jersey but i was working with the federal goverment and i was sent here to puerto rico to work my last last years here so i decided to retire here in puerto rico big mistake.i never thought this place would be like hell .i hate beaches i like the weather but thats it .i do miss he states and im looking to retire in a nice place it doesnt have to be a paradise but a decent place .and beleive me this place is not it o much crime the people are crazy .and riving is **** well if anyone has any suggestions i would really much apreciate it
What is your housing budget? Golf? Just you? Pets?

We need more info on what you are looking for.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,165 times
Port Charlotte fl is very nice its on the west coast and rent a 3bedroom house for $700 a Month low crime and a good amount of new yorkers like me I been here 3years and I'm in healthcare there is plenty of work in healthcare I have 4kids ages between 20 and 9months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or