U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,201 times

Advertisements

Me and my family are looking to relocate to fl.wereare the j ob opportunities and least cost of living
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 11:58 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,302,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsforchrist View Post
I am thinking of moving to Florida this summer and would like your opinion of the best place to live and work?
Depending on your definition of affordable, I would say Broward county. You have the beach close to you, you are by 1 major city, and two semi-major cities, endless shopping, as well as plenty of restaurants, good schools(Depending on which town) 3 airports (Could potentially be a downside) and a commuter rail. There is a lot of traffic though, and being in an urban environment is not what everyone wants.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:40 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,884,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Depending on your definition of affordable, I would say Broward county. You have the beach close to you, you are by 1 major city, and two semi-major cities, endless shopping, as well as plenty of restaurants, good schools(Depending on which town) 3 airports (Could potentially be a downside) and a commuter rail. There is a lot of traffic though, and being in an urban environment is not what everyone wants.
Good assessment! but do I say Central Florida has more to offer have affordable home for on the low. housing still. Kissimmee Florida has a lot of good deals on a home and you can get a 1/4 Acre with a descent home 1800st for 125k in some cases. $125,000.00

Kissimmee is returning back to life slowly, which is a good thing and is need of fresh ideas and people to make the difference. Just like any trend cycle in a town.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:18 PM

21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryna3286 View Post
Me and my family are looking to relocate to fl.wereare the j ob opportunities and least cost of living
Jacksonville has the best job market in terms of lowest unemployment as well as job diversity, and the lowest cost of living of the major metros area in the state.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:26 PM

155 posts, read 279,775 times
"Me and my family are looking to relocate to fl.wereare the j ob opportunities and least cost of living"
Answer is if you have to ask that stay where you are. Don't come here. You can't afford it. Florida is best for retirees, the wealthy and professionals. Wait till you retire and then come on down. Until then, stick close to home and family and employment.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:52 PM

371 posts, read 835,303 times
hi guys for houses in FL that got pool, how much do you guys spend a month to maintain the pool? for water, cleaning, chlorine etc. I am looking at houses now and some got pool, wonder if I should get one with a pool and wanna know how much does it cost a month to maintain the pool. pool size for something like this 10134 Deercliff Dr, Tampa, FL 33647 - Zillow

another newbie question, for landscapes on the similar house, you need to trim it I guess, fertilizer, etc. how much time and money is required a month for landscape like that? and if you pay someone to do it, how much would it cost?

(there is a law to keep your house in a reasonable fashion or you will get fined right?) thanks guys!

Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,390,761 times
I love St. Augustine. Its not too expensive to live here, unless you live on Anastasia Island, then it can be a bit more expensive. Especially for homeowners insurance.

Most jobs unfortunately are in the tourism industry so they don't pay much. But it's a nice, historic, beautiful and relaxing town.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM

652 posts, read 333,615 times
I also live in St. Auggie. On the Island. I think people are so negative about transplanted Floridians from "Up North" is because they are really trying to put potential transplants off. We really do not need more transplants. At least not until I want to move and sell my house .

IMHO St. Auggie is the countries best kept secret. I hope it stays that way, I never heard of it prior to an accidental visit, I stayed.

So for all you Northerners that are just freezing to move South (I wanted to say Burning but it did not seem appropriate ), It is absolutely terrible here where we live, there are absolutely no jobs, the schools are terrible filled with drug dealers and child molesters, The Beaches are crap, cold and full of pollutants, Houses are unaffordable, The people are ignorant, crime is through the roof, traffic is intolerable, everything is so expensive you will end up living in a hole in the ground covered with a tarp. So PLEASE bypass North East Florida and go to South Florida (anywhere below Daytona) or to the West Coast. You will not regret it one bit and you will be thanking me for this post for the rest of your life.

By all means visit the historic city for a day or two, stay in a hotel and spend some cash, but please do not move here.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
hi guys for houses in FL that got pool, how much do you guys spend a month to maintain the pool? for water, cleaning, chlorine etc. !
I look after my own, dead easy. On average it cost me about $300 a year in supplies, I have a salt water pool with a chlorine generator.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by season10 View Post
"Florida, Good job opportunities and least cost of living".
This is an Oxymoron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or