Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:17 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,722,632 times

Advertisements

I'm on my way out of SWFL, really don't like it here much anymore. Estero is great, but Lee county is a big failure. I will be heading to Melbourne/Palm Bay, I lived there for 5 or 6 years, I always liked it there, WAY better beaches than down here... 5-10 degrees cooler too.... If I had the one place I would like to be in FL of all, I liked the countryside part of Florida in Inverness/Crystal River, of course I have not seen it there since 1994.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 06:22 AM

698 posts, read 3,255,493 times
Viera!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Viera!
Good choice nice place, Suntree too.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:36 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,012,643 times
Probably in this 45 million Coral Gables Mansion overlooking the bay...

Old 05-15-2010, 06:39 AM

867 posts, read 2,129,599 times
^^ wow that is beautiful

Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 AM

698 posts, read 3,255,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Good choice nice place, Suntree too.
Absolutely! Do you live there?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Absolutely! Do you live there?
Nope, I am in Estero(another nice place). I lived in south Rockledge bordering Viera. I used to go through Viera all the time when I went shopping at the Walmart there. great area.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 AM

109 posts, read 438,289 times
This question is as varied as there are stars in the sky. Each person sees beauty or contentment in a different way. It has a lot to do with where you are in life. When I was a young man I was awe struck with Boca Raton and beaches as I got older I moved to Vero Beach and lived on the canal and spent most of my time on the Indian River. Moved from Florida many years ago but know that I am a good deal older than my first Florida encounter, I plan to spend a month on Orange Lake which is about 20 miles from Ocala and about the same from Gainesville. I loved everyplace I was but things change and what is so important to you at one time may not be at another point in time. I guess the first thing I would do is write down my wish list and start spending hours on the computer doing your research. Do virtual tours with google maps, subcribe or go on line and read local newspapers. It is an interesting journey even before you leave your house. Remember in a lot of Florida you do not have neighborrhoods as you may know them. A typical northern city has inner city, city, and suburbs. In much of Florida you can be in a mansion looking out over the ocean and walk out your back door a few blocks and be in a rather hazardous situation. I found this unnerving when I first moved there but learned my boundaries and limits and it was live and let live. Back to the research part, you really get to know an area and after doing hours of google maps I have probably been down each street in McIntosh at least twice. I can fish the lake without ever having been on it. If I want good or produce or a deli sandwich, I have it. Bottom line commit to paper what "your" must haves are, what you can live with and have a contingency plan if this does not work. Again you have to bee happy not anyone else, it's your choice. My F-250 4x4 is not my wife's Buick LaCrosse, she doesn't like to drive mine and I am uncomfortably in hers??

Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 AM

3,972 posts, read 8,103,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Nope, I am in Estero(another nice place). I lived in south Rockledge bordering Viera. I used to go through Viera all the time when I went shopping at the Walmart there. great area.
And one man's paradise could be another mans nightmare. LOL SunTree I could see, but still too far from a causeway to get to the beach<g> . Houses in Suntree seem to have more character than the houses and condos in Viera out in the cow pasture with no trees. I am not a Viera fan at all and it would not be in my top 20 choices of places to live in Florida. I want some space between my house and the next and I want my house to look different than all my neighbors. I want a Florida neighborhood feel and that just isn't happening in Viera because many of us that have lived in the state as adults with families would not move there.

The shopping center out there is a day trip as far as I am concerned, but rarely get out that far North except for when I have to do jury duty.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 AM

7,704 posts, read 12,540,083 times
I had already posted here a year ago but now that I have come BACK to FL since then (I was in Texas) and moved several times, I have changed my mind. If I could live anywhere in FL, it would be in one of those comfortable housing communities in Boca or Boynton Beach. Oh my gosh you never seen so much green in your life! It's like palm trees, palm trees, and more palm trees, all over the entrances and green bushes and grass all over. Simply beautiful. And not to mention being next to your own people! Haitian people and stores are abundant! I loved it! It was nice for that cultural revitalization for me! Where I came from, there were no Haitians. So I lost the tongue of Creole every year. Glad I went back and experienced so much and had friends and family to see and talk too. It was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida