U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 PM

457 posts, read 1,639,197 times

Advertisements

Hello! I have been hearing that its cheaper to live in South florida because around Orlando is where everyone wants to live so its more expensive? Is this true? Are there less expensive areas to live in in South fllorida, but that are safe? If so, where are these areas?
I always thought it was way more pricey that way....

Thanks,
Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 04:31 PM

5,701 posts, read 17,291,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Hello! I have been hearing that its cheaper to live in South florida because around Orlando is where everyone wants to live so its more expensive? Is this true? Are there less expensive areas to live in in South fllorida, but that are safe? If so, where are these areas?

Thanks,
Jen
I think the further south you go the more expensive. I stayed up in the northwest Florida area and is way cheaper....

Old 03-21-2007, 04:42 PM

2,141 posts, read 4,816,714 times
Quote:

Thanks,
Jen
Right now the taxes are not too bad. But with all the infrastructure needed and the lack of impact fees. Add to that the cost of maintaining everything.
Its just a matter of time.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM

2,830 posts, read 8,876,879 times
South Florida is more expensive.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 PM

488 posts, read 1,445,060 times
Default Definitely not

Quote:

Thanks,
Jen
Wow! Who told you that? That couldn't be farther from the truth. If you are planning a relocation to FL, look in north FL or West Central, and good luck.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:33 PM

2,909 posts, read 10,204,339 times
south FL is the most expensive part of FL. North FL is still expensive compared to many other states.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 PM

14,697 posts, read 16,222,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
North FL is still expensive compared to many other states.
Yeah, the empty states.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yeah, the empty states.

Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Carolinas, Ohio, Pennsylvania are far from empty. In fact no state is empty, although the midwest like Wyoming and Montana are sparsely populated for their size but strangely arent much cheaper than north FL

Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM

14,697 posts, read 16,222,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Carolinas, Ohio, Pennsylvania are far from empty. In fact no state is empty, although the midwest like Wyoming and Montana are sparsely populated for their size but strangely arent much cheaper than north FL

Let me rephrase: The "empty" parts of those states are cheaper than North Florida. Not that you're going to get very far lumping all of North Florida as one monolithic area.

I'm not going to have to rehash with you the inverse relationship between "home prices" and "jobs, culture, educational, health, and entertainment" opportunities again..... AM I?!

Old 03-22-2007, 01:05 AM

You dont have to argue, let the facts speak that other areas are more affordable than any part of FL. I know someone who left FL for Georgia and her salary went up almost $10k a year and houses cost 2/3 as much with lots twice as big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida