U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:31 PM

15,130 posts, read 31,043,701 times

Advertisements

I think there is a lot of spin going on. My in-laws were down visiting and they (like a lot of older folks) like to stay on the beach in Bradenton. We were driving around town and couldn't believe the number of for sale signs. I think the market has a long way to go to correct - there are homes here bought by flippers and investors hoping for a quick large profit who are now sitting on these places which are still way overpriced. Smart buyers will wait a while before buying here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,239,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I think there is a lot of spin going on. My in-laws were down visiting and they (like a lot of older folks) like to stay on the beach in Bradenton. We were driving around town and couldn't believe the number of for sale signs. I think the market has a long way to go to correct - there are homes here bought by flippers and investors hoping for a quick large profit who are now sitting on these places which are still way overpriced. Smart buyers will wait a while before buying here.

Money does bad things to people.....in this case insane....

Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,239,470 times
Lightbulb Miami #1 worst housing market in the U.S.

Miami was selected as the #1 worst housing market in the U.S., mainly due to a market that had seen high-flying double digit appreciation pushed by new and condo conversions, causing Miami to spiral downward, resulting in a slower market with increasing unemployment.

Not all of the Miami market will see double digit depreciation in 2007, particularly not lower priced single family homes under $250,000.

Nonetheless, the average loss in values is forecast by Housing Predictor to hit 13.9 percent by the end of 2007.

Low Florida mortgage rates won’t spur demand in Miami, experts believe, as the glut of inventory will continue to depress sales.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM

93 posts, read 337,848 times
Overall prices took about a 20% hit from the 2005 peak to today and currently seem to be leveling out. There is a huge backlog of unsold homes/condos that will continue to keep the prices this low for about another year. You probaly will not see 2005 values for another 2-3 years. However there are a few variables that could start an upward trend again. New construction impact fees are rising rapidly which raises the price of a new house which raises the price of existing houses. Home ins rates are being reduced and there is a big ? as to what property taxes will be next year. A 20% drop in value is also a 20% drop in assessment which = a potential 20% drop in taxes which does not take into account what the legislature will do this June. There are alot of variables floating around. Don't forget, the boom started overnight and dropped just as quick. I do not forsee another boom yet but this whole market could turn on a dime. I hate to agree with the realtors but I doubt you will see prices this low again for many years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or