U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,432,292 times

Advertisements

So what is it with those who seem to constantly whine about Florida and bash the state over and over again.

I am finding out even those who have moved away spend time here letting their thoughts out.

So help me understand something. I understand most people who have issues with something like to talk about it but it seems some of these bashers just cannot seem to let it go for some reason.

Then reading how many who bashed Florida for a long time and then ended up moving back to Florida are awful quiet.

It is an obsession? A relief? what is it?

Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,748,430 times
Another typical Sunny-Days90 thread. You really like starting problems on this board. Why cant "YOU" accept that people have different opinions.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM

831 posts, read 2,148,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So what is it with those who seem to constantly whine about Florida and bash the state over and over again.

I am finding out even those who have moved away spend time here letting their thoughts out.

So help me understand something. I understand most people who have issues with something like to talk about it but it seems some of these bashers just cannot seem to let it go for some reason.

Then reading how many who bashed Florida for a long time and then ended up moving back to Florida are awful quiet.

It is an obsession? A relief? what is it?
You should tell us. You may not have bashed Florida but you certainly did about NJ. "NJ people are born to be rude, NJ people are trained." Hmmm sounds like double standards to me.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,973,190 times
We have been quoting statistics. If statistics show that a particular county has a 9.9% unemployment rate, that is Florida bashing? If another statistic shows that a particular county has the highest foreclosure rate in the country, that is Florida bashing? If another statistic shows that more people are leaving Florida than moving in, that is Florida bashing? Nobody wants to know this? Sweep it all under the rug and prentend that everything is just hunky dory in paradise?

As far as everything else, it is all subjective. However, if one were to say that ALL children hate the snow or ALL children love the beach, you cannot make such a blanket statement. That is simply untrue. No, we cannot give statistics on this, but we can give our own personal experiences to disprove such a blanket statement.

I have said many, many times to posters, and even to my own daughter moving back to NY, secure a job BEFORE you move. That is sound advice no matter where; Florida, NY, California, etc., especially in this horrible state of the economy. Actually, I feel you are probably better off right now just staying put where you are if you are in good economic straits. Is that Florida bashing too? I think it's better to wait it out right now, be that going to Florida or anywhere else.

All the other threads/polls, again are very subjective. There ARE many people who don't like year round summer. There ARE many people who love the 4 seasons. And once again, not everybody is JEALOUS of people living in Florida. Again, that is a blanket statment and very subjective. Try going on some other state forums, YES YOU CAN post if you don't live in a state, and see what other people living in other states are saying about Florida. It just might surprise you.

Done with my "bashing" for the day.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:04 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,614,349 times
I guess I'm one of those people who are lucky enough to love where they live.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:09 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,601,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You ARE lucky. I'm jealous.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Yes. I am Jealous too. I say that to my daughter all the time. It doesn't matter where you are. Just that you love where you live.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:19 PM

831 posts, read 2,148,016 times
In my opinion people bash Florida because they move here with certain expectations that they are going to live like they do when they are on vacation. When reality sets in and you've done the beaches and fixed your house up and the newness wears off, reality sets in. You think why did I move here. Its so hot, I am living the same life I did. What was I thinking? I gave up my home and friends and things I was familar with, for what better weather in the winter? So instead of blaming yourself for it not living up to your expections its easier to blame Florida.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:28 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,244,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Me too

Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Default I wish you and your sister the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Me too
You are both where you should be. I think back on my life and how I so took for granted everything that I had there. You don't know what you've got until it is gone?

May you both have the happiness I had when I was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or