U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:34 PM

22 posts, read 66,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
I knew that would get somebody
I have two nephews and a cousin in Inverness schools currently and I have to say that they love it. I know my sister and brother in law are very happy with the school system there. I would move there myself, but it is just toooooo close to my MIL & FIL. LOL. You should check it out. They are in clearview estates, which is nice, but a little bit of an older generation.

ha ha ha!! I can fully understand the MIL thing!! Part of the reason why I wanted to get out of NJ....too close for comfort!! The only bad thing is now when she visits, it's for 2 weeks, not 2 hours UGH!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 PM

267 posts, read 1,022,547 times
See, I can totally relate. We are in NY now - and I get those two week visits.... all the time. Soon it will be - "hey, thanks for dinner, see you later".

Old 03-24-2007, 08:38 PM

22 posts, read 66,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
See, I can totally relate. We are in NY now - and I get those two week visits.... all the time. Soon it will be - "hey, thanks for dinner, see you later".
Well good luck with everything!! All I know is I will live anywhere that is at least a plane ride away since she hates to fly!!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:26 AM

71 posts, read 278,325 times
I Lived In South Fl For 20 Years. . I Have Had My Houses Sprayed Every Few Months And Have Had No Problems. Try Moving To North Ga, Than You Will See A Big Problem With Spiders. Only Bug Problem In Fl That I Hated Was Fleas On My Dogs. But In My Opinion States North Of Fl Are Far Worse With Spiders, Etc..i Have Lived In North Ga For 2 Years And Seen All Kinds Of Bugs, And Never In My 20 Years Living In Fl Have I Seen As Much Spiders As North Ga In 2 Years.its Just Sickning..if You Buy Or Rent Anywhare And You Hate Bugs, Make Sure Your Not In A Wooded Area. If Your Haveing Problems Now, Make Sure There Are No Cracks In Any Doors Or Windows. Spray Lemon Wood Polish Around Doors And Windows And Vacumm All Corners And Crevisis Of Your Home Every Few Days. This Will Eliminate All Weds And Baby From Hatching.plus Your Garage Too.hope This Helps.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:06 AM

131 posts, read 964,988 times
Must... resist... urge... to... post... spider... pictures!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 AM

267 posts, read 1,022,547 times
Default enough??

Well, if we have the house treated 3x a year and also have that in the wall pest system, should that be enough to at least deter the bugs and spiders from wanting to take residence with me??

Oh, go ahead - post the pics- LOL

Old 03-26-2007, 05:44 PM

168 posts, read 389,295 times
Please, folks, don't kill spiders! Most of them are valuable assets to humankind. When I lived in S. Fla., I let the wood spider roam around in my house because I knew it fed on roaches. I hate roaches with a purple passion. The roaches feared them and would hide or get eaten.

I love banana spiders too. In addition to their beauty, they are useful in ridding your yard of nuissance insects, like the roach and the mosquito. But be careful you don't get caught in their webs. lol. They are very strong. I actually got caught in one a few times (you don't expect to because they build them so fast and could be anywhere) but was able to get out, of course. Lol. I mean, it woulda been kinda embarrassing to hafta call 911 for that, ya know?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:05 PM

48 posts, read 114,941 times
Tell me about it. I cant stand spiders at all! At my old house crab spiders would always make webs and recently i saw two large brown spiders (recluse?) which I killed. I live in an apartment now and it has daddy long legs. If you go to any place rarely accessed you will probably see a daddy long leg there. Ah well..they dont bother me too much. Oh, and theres wolf spiders too. I saw my first one in Clearwater about 4 years and I saw one here as well about a month ago. Those things give me the creeps!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,437,161 times
I never see any spiders around my home in Orlando and I live next to miles of woods. I never had any at my Winter Park home either. Sure am glad! I HATE them.

I did have a friendly black snake living in my front hedge. We got used to him and just ignored him, but some of my friends got a real shock when he would stick his head out of the bush!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,358,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
YUck oh YUck! The thread about the "monster" spider that someone posted got me wondering, Just how BIG are the spiders down there in Florida????? We NEVER see them that size here! I almost faint when I see a spider the size of my finger let alone something with hair, such hideous legs!
And what are these Banana spiders??? I think I may have seen these things in Louisiana when I was younger and I just about died!
Someone said that they get in their yard during certain times of the year. Do they ever LEAVE??
Sorry, I just have a reaaaallllly bad phobia of spiders!

Jen

PLease people dont post pics of those nasty things, LMBO!
Yes, we have a ton of spiders, scorpions, bugs, giant coackroaches (known as Palmetto Bugs - search for a thread on it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or