Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
If you are in Naples from April through October, off season, it is pretty much deserted. Naples exists for SEASON and its tourists and snowbirds.

An example. When my daughter was here last July, she wanted to have sushi for lunch. She went to one place and the sign said, "Will reopen in season (November)." Others, were only open for dinner, or just on the weekends.

The people who do live here year round tend to "hibernate" in the summer.
Or head to Petoskey, MI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 AM

10 posts, read 57,663 times
Weston is it's own city just like Miami....it is not part of Fort Lauderdale and you never have to visit there....I 75 runs thru it ......accross you will find Pembroke Pines, West Miramar and So on ....have you though of Key Biscayne..... with the economy you may find more affortable rent now.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,466 times
I would stay out of South Florida. Miami is a wreck! heavy traffic..illegals and no one speaks English...The south american counrty below seems to think that the southern part of Florida is part of Latin America, they pretty much took over..

West palm beach north isnt bad...tampa, orlando all good JUST STAY OUT OF MIAMI!!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:30 PM

5 posts, read 22,885 times
I lived in Englewood for 7 years. Beaches were great, housing was cheap. Things change but I still love Englewood. Good place to raise kids and to retire. (I raised kids, my mom retired). The beaches there are gorgeous, the fishing is famous. BUT, if you want theater or culture, you'll have to go to either Sarasota or Ft Myers/Naples. (Altho, Venice has a small theater). Also, Englewood is way off I-75, so commuting was a problem. The schools for kids were good, crime low, quality of life, very decent.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,011 times
Default sarasota naples.

can some body tell me if sarasota, naples , north port has good schools? and places to live with kids?

Old 05-26-2015, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,011 times
Default sarasota, naples, keys.

i mean a good place to raise a family!

Old 05-26-2015, 10:42 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,442 times
Sarasota and North Port, yes. You'd do better to go over to the Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice sub forum and search on schools as this question is asked at least 4-5 times a week.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:17 PM

290 posts, read 339,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavaelmakabron View Post
can some body tell me if sarasota, naples , north port has good schools? and places to live with kids?
Yes, one of the best areas of Florida imo.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:56 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
The best places in Florida in my opinion are:

Northern Broward County and southern Palm Beach County
Sarasota/Siesta
Sanibel/Captiva/CapeCoral
St. Pete
Palm Beach Gardens
Winter Park area of Orlando

Old 01-20-2019, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 762 times
What a cool site, I'm glad I ran across it. I'm currently living in Fayetteville NC but tired of the cold and always wanted to live in Florida. My wife is very ill with Frontal Temporal Dementia and is now in end stage which can last a few months to a year or so. I need to have a plan for the rest of my life and it will be very difficult without her. My goal is to find a place I can afford which is around or under $200.00 so obviously I won't be going to Naples but hopefully I can find somewhere with a very similar climate. I'm late 50's, good health, good shape and may be bi so I want to live in a town that is fairly open minded, friendly with an active safe community for walking, exercise, dance, theater, plays, beach, sun, restaurants, coffee shops, arts, gardening etc. I'm an average Joe with an average income and would like a spot that I can do all these things on a govt pension. Any advice would be very appreciated. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida