Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:14 PM

88 posts, read 413,782 times

Advertisements

People United For Medical Marijuana is starting petitions for putting a constitutional amendment on the 2010 ballot. It is urged that all persons sign the petition so the voters have the final say. A link to the amendment is Initiative Information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 AM

56 posts, read 263,597 times
Thanks!! Make sure you post this everywhere!!

There are more than ample amount of supporters out there.. We need your help making this viral and subliminal or it will never make it on the ballot!! Make sure you talk to all you friends and everything about the effort and make sure everyone goes to PUFMM.com and downloads and signs the petition!!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gieseghj View Post
Thanks!! Make sure you post this everywhere!!

There are more than ample amount of supporters out there.. We need your help making this viral and subliminal or it will never make it on the ballot!! Make sure you talk to all you friends and everything about the effort and make sure everyone goes to PUFMM.com and downloads and signs the petition!!
Will never happen in this state.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 PM

56 posts, read 263,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Will never happen in this state.
And what makes you say that?

Is it that the media hates marijuana?
Because in fact we have hit dozens and dozens of media outlets with radio stations announcing us every single day.

Is it that the people don't support us?
Scientific poll - 1997
63% Favor
Nonscientific polls-
Orlando Sentinel 09 - 92.5% support
CFNews13 09 - 97% support
Naples News 09 - 90% support
AARP 03 - 74% support (and trust me.. we have a lot of old people!)

Is it because our state is worried about national interference?
Because now we have the Attorney General, President, and US Supreme Court leaving this up to the states and the US House pushing a bill through for federal medical marijuana.

Is it because of our opposition?
What opposition? We have tried to find it.. They aren't there.. CBS news even tried to set up a debate but after searching for weeks they couldn't find a opponent.

Is it because we don't have enough supporters?
Because we have hundreds of volunteers organized around the state collecting signatures. Name a city and we have someone thats working there. True though, it would be easier with thousands of supporters.

Is it because our representatives don't support us?
Because I know of multiple that I have met with that are considering writing a bill based on the reaction from the people.

So basically we are holding in our hands a royal flush.. Only way this doesn't happen is if we fold..

Old 06-14-2009, 11:46 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,690,477 times
I made this same post like a month or 2 ago. go read that.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 AM

5 posts, read 6,716 times
I live in a state with medical marijauna and all it has done for us is stimulate the hell out of our states economy and drop the street value of marijauna which cut back on illegal drug dealers. Thank you medical marijauna from fort collins colorado

Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass2134 View Post
I live in a state with medical marijauna and all it has done for us is stimulate the hell out of our states economy and drop the street value of marijauna which cut back on illegal drug dealers. Thank you medical marijauna from fort collins colorado
Yep. It could be a huge cash cow. Many experts think that might be a good way to solve the budget crisis in California.

It would also curb drug violence in this country, particularly at the mexican border.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:13 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,222,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass2134 View Post
I had a good friend who was in constant pain and nausea from cancer. She found that pot was the only thing that would ease her symptoms and increase her appetite. She pleaded with her doctor for medical marijuana, but he couldn't do anything except prescribe her the most mind and body numbing drugs available (which didn't ease her symptoms). Needless to say, her friends made sure she was supplied with all the pot she needed.
Anyone who is against medical marijuana should walk a mile in my friend's shoes.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:44 PM

240 posts, read 385,532 times
Default You gotta be kidding

I'd wager you have better odds of winning the lottery than getting that passed in this state. Maybe if S. Fla splits from the north.....Hmmmmm not a bad idea

Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
I'd wager you have better odds of winning the lottery than getting that passed in this state. Maybe if S. Fla splits from the north.....Hmmmmm not a bad idea
Central FL might support it too. The panhandle doesn't have that many people to counteract it I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida