Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtheNinja View Post
So I travel a lot. I like Alaska a lot better than Florida. I love Ireland more than Alaska.

Im stuck in florida.

And I happen to be looking to meet a girl.

Thing is, we dont really have the biggest GLBT community here, and those who are usually are hush hush about it because we have people who beat up gays, because thats what the bible says (of course! It all makes sense!)

Yeah, so im not sure what to do. I know I should wait but im not the most social person, and I would like to meet some other girls. I just dont know where
Cheap shots are easy. Especially when it is soooooooooo PC to beat up on Christians.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
I suppose I should pipe in on this, even thought I have no clue where Mt. Dora is. It may as well be Mars as far as I am concerned.

I've never been to Alaska, but I probably would like it since it is night and day to FLORIDA. I have been to Ireland several times. Yep, I DEFINITELY would prefer Ireland to Florida. Other than having to leave the USA, I could see myself living in Ireland.

This poster sounds like my daughter who just moved. She is 30 years old, a lesbian, and a New Yorker who lived in Naples for 4 months. Putting aside that she is a lesbian, just being 30 YEARS OLD, is a major problem in Naples. She wasn't even looking for a SO. She said she just wanted to SEE somebody under the age of 60!!!!!

Don't be so hard on this poster. I can sympathize with her. Hell, where I am is supposed to be a CITY and my daughter, and of course ME, are/were losing our minds here.

Lonely Lesbian, a little piece of advice. If you don't mind "cold" weather, and haivng lived in Alaska I am sure you don't, MOVE TO NEW YORK. It will suit your lifestyle a hell of a lot better than Florida. My daughter is absolutely in heaven to be back in NY after living here. Try it, it might just solve all the problems you mentioned.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:56 PM

80 posts, read 177,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Cheap shots are easy. Especially when it is soooooooooo PC to beat up on Christians.
Yes, it seemed like a cheap shot to me too.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:31 PM

PC, my ------. A "christian's" right to religious freedom ENDS where somebody elses BEGINS; be they a Jew, a Muslim, an Athiest, or even a GAY person. This is AMERICA. We are all created EQUAL. ALL of us are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A christian can preach all they want about sin, etc., etc., but everyone else has the right as a citizen of the USA, to turn around and walk away from them. There is free speech, but there is also the right to NOT LISTEN.

The hell with PC. This is fundamental right of this country.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
PC, my ------. A "christian's" right to religious freedom ENDS where somebody elses BEGINS; be they a Jew, a Muslim, an Athiest, or even a GAY person. This is AMERICA. We are all created EQUAL. ALL of us are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A christian can preach all they want about sin, etc., etc., but everyone else has the right as a citizen of the USA, to turn around and walk away from them. There is free speech, but there is also the right to NOT LISTEN.

The United States was founded on the freedom of religion, To worship whatever religion you want. It wasn't founded as a Christian country but rather it was founded by Christians that were tired of being told they needed to be catholic.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:05 PM

Default Wasn't it the fact that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
The United States was founded on the freedom of religion, To worship whatever religion you want. It wasn't founded as a Christian country but rather it was founded by Christians that were tired of being told they needed to be catholic.
they didnt't want to practice Henry's State of England religion? He broke away from the Catholic Church because of his divorce, but the Pilgrim's wanted no part of any state run religion, be that Catholic or otherwise.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianq101 View Post
Bible beaters give Christians a bad name. Probably similar to Muslim extremist terrorists giving Muslims a bad name.

I'm not gay but I am very sympathetic any group that is marginalized. Why so-called Christians beat up on the GLBT community is beyond me.

Real Christians should show love. Period. Judgement is God's domain and not ours. Some people just don't get that.

Love it, people who are Christians get beat up all the time by those who are not and it is ok.

Then when a Christian who does not believe in gay and lesbians says something and it is not right.

Give me a break, what is good for one side is good for the other.

I do not believe in gays or lesbians at all, it is totally immoral and I am NOT a bible beater and not even close to it. Not all people who go to church like we do are bible beaters.

Maybe some of you should grab a bible and head to church because you need some guidance in your life whether it be from the man above or other church members who have the wisdom you wish you had.

PC is a bunch of crap, the far left have made a mockery of PC, its ok for me to do and say this but it is NOT ok for you.

Stop beating up on Christians, far more people who are not Christians have problems then those who do not.

We were founded like Ryan said, freedom of religion, we were not founded on allowing gays and lesbians to bash Christians just because they have immoral problems.

People beat up on the Florida panhandle for its large number of Christians, what is wrong with that? Maybe some of those people need to move into those areas where there are not any to help those poor soles out, I know they need it!!

Real Christians do show love, but when it comes to gays and lesbians, you are walking a thin line because many of us DO NOT believe it is right.

There was not two Adams or two Eves people. One male and one female.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Default It only matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Love it, people who are Christians get beat up all the time by those who are not and it is ok.

Then when a Christian who does not believe in gay and lesbians says something and it is not right.

Give me a break, what is good for one side is good for the other.

I do not believe in gays or lesbians at all, it is totally immoral and I am NOT a bible beater and not even close to it. Not all people who go to church like we do are bible beaters.

Maybe some of you should grab a bible and head to church because you need some guidance in your life whether it be from the man above or other church members who have the wisdom you wish you had.

PC is a bunch of crap, the far left have made a mockery of PC, its ok for me to do and say this but it is NOT ok for you.

Stop beating up on Christians, far more people who are not Christians have problems then those who do not.

We were founded like Ryan said, freedom of religion, we were not founded on allowing gays and lesbians to bash Christians just because they have immoral problems.

People beat up on the Florida panhandle for its large number of Christians, what is wrong with that? Maybe some of those people need to move into those areas where there are not any to help those poor soles out, I know they need it!!

Real Christians do show love, but when it comes to gays and lesbians, you are walking a thin line because many of us DO NOT believe it is right.

There was not two Adams or two Eves people. One male and one female.
the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America says. Everyone is equal under it.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I do not believe in gays or lesbians at all, it is totally immoral

Then you'll fit in down south

Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM

80 posts, read 177,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

Nobody is preaching. Someone mentioned that it seemed like the OP tok an un-needed shot at Christians. They could of asked the question w/o taking a shot at Christians.

Being gay or lesbian doesnt bother me TANaples, and I read that your daughter is a lesbian. I am a Christian and I would treat her the same as any other woman I met. I wouldnt look at her or treat her any differently, and I am a somewhat conservative person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida