Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
OMG you people are something.

Before you post read MY quote, Butler is the one who said that not I.

He changed my quote around to fit his agenda and you FELL FOR IT.

Then you should have never lived in Florida because you are not a Florida type person.

I know many people who move to Florida and cannot handle it.
Look at all the people who move to Florida and still call the place they left
" home". They should have never left.

I like some towns in the Raleigh area but would never live there.

So next time you make a blanket statement from a quote make sure the quote is from the person and not someone who change the quote like Butler did to attract attention. Guess he got you!

Nice try...... Sad, but nice....

Tell me Sunny, what is a "Halfback"? (When used in reference to the U.S. population not football).

Are you going to sit there and attempt to say that all of these people (heck, even HALF of them) are upset and want to go back to Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
OMG you people are something. Make sure you read the quotes of the person who wrote it and not someone who changed it for a reason.

Before you post read MY quote, Butler is the one who said that not I.

He changed my quote around to fit his agenda and you FELL FOR IT.

Then you should have never lived in Florida because you are not a Florida type person.

I know many people who move to Florida and cannot handle it.
Look at all the people who move to Florida and still call the place they left
" home". They should have never left.

I like some towns in the Raleigh area but would never live there.

So next time you make a blanket statement from a quote make sure the quote is from the person and not someone who change the quote like Butler did to attract attention. Guess he got you!
This was taken from your post.

"Anyone who moved from a cold weather state to Florida would NOT like the Carolinas."

You either said it and it's a foolish blanket statement or you don't know how to properly quote someone else in a post.

It's rather clear that you are someone that things they know everything in talks in absolutes. You essentially told me from my post that I'm someone that never should have lived in FL. Well we just moved back to one of the two towns in FL that we like and are enjoying ourselves. That doesn't change that fact that I find all the big cities in FL to be inferior to those in most other states.

You may want to think about telling people from YOUR perspective instead of telling them HOW it is for everyone.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
If you have read my post we have a family member with cancer and cannot do anything right now.

They are not doing to well and cannot take chemo so no decisions can be made at this time.

When the time comes we will be there.
Sorry to hear that, but before you accuse me of not reading your post, would you care to point out where in this thread you mentioned it?

You respond to my posts in this thread without reading them and yet, expect me to search the entire forum for yours?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:35 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
So your brother doesn't like SC so no one would like NC. lol

I left FL for NC and we loved it. I can tell you 10 others that did also. Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham are so much nicer than any city in FL.

You really probably should think about getting a bigger sample size before making foolish blanket statements.
I really like Raleigh, but find that Charlotte has some big city problems, but that's to be expected. I'd still take Charlotte over any major FL city though (except maybe Jax). And really, you cant beat the quality of life that places like Raleigh and Cary can provide, especially for families.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
This was taken from your post.

"Anyone who moved from a cold weather state to Florida would NOT like the Carolinas."

You either said it and it's a foolish blanket statement or you don't know how to properly quote someone else in a post.
Because I shortened it accidentally to "No one from a cold weather state would like the Carolinas." he thinks that means I was trying to be disingenuous to further my "agenda"...... Whatever that is....

I mean I have so much stake in keeping people from moving to Florida.. . My only agenda is to provide balance and correct inaccurracies, but he can't see that...

Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
I really like Raleigh, but find that Charlotte has some big city problems, but that's to be expected. I'd still take Charlotte over any major FL city though. And really, you cant be the quality of life that places like Raleigh and Cary can provide, especially for families.
I don't like Charlotte nearly as much. Raleigh/Durham/Chapel is has a lot to offer that Charlotte doesn't. I prefer all the smaller cities and how they are broken up in the triangle to how Charlotte is one big place.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Is there a reason why those who find their paradises lie in the Carolinas have to spend so much time on the Florida board singing its praises in comparison to Florida. Apples and oranges folks.

Can "y'all" just go in peace, or are you trying to psych yourselves up for the move?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Is there a reason why those who find their paradises lie in the Carolinas have to spend so much time on the Florida board singing its praises in comparison to Florida. Apples and oranges folks.

Can "y'all" just go in peace, or are you trying to psych yourselves up for the move?
Well actually NC and SC are very different. I'd never live in SC as it's way too country.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Actually little difference between that and someone living elsewhere that constantly needs to come here and drum up a bunch of people to re-inforce in his head how wonderful Florida is going to be if/when they ever move there....

There's little point to both honestly. But I'd lend more credence to your point if you were critical of both...

As for me? I'm not here to tell everyone how great the Carolinas or Virginia are. I actually offer advice with regards to my experiences in Florida from time to time, so I feel that I actually serve more of a purpose here than someone pyning away to move to Florida but hasn't.... I attended college in Tallahasse and am an FSU Alum. I lived in the Orlando area for 12 years. I have family that still lives in Ocala and Tampa. Ergo, I have the ability to contribute to this forum and do when I can.

I get caught up in these discussions all too frequently because of rediculous statements like "No one moves from a cold weather state to Florida and then to the Carolinas and LIKES it..".

(Did I quote you accurately this time, Sunny? Doesn't make the quote any less of a crock...)

Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Well actually NC and SC are very different. I'd never live in SC as it's way too country.

We've been told that the quality of life can't be beat in Charleston, South Carolina.

Maybe we're all learning as a group that the term, "different strokes for different folks" really does apply.

I left Northern Florida because I thought it was a bit too Southern and disconnected for me. However, I do not rag on the place, and suggest it for those who enjoy country living.... without a hint of nastiness either.

Compare: "if you like sub tropical weather and a mix of cultures, South FLorida is for you."

to

"If you love oppressive heat and humidity and not hearing English everywhere you go and Haitians who can't drive, you'll love South FLorida."

But hey, the faster the miserable (or as some people call them, the "good") folks high tail it to the Carolinas and Tennessee, the better for everyone.

It also never ceases to amaze me that some people on this board who lament educational standards can barely look past superficial statistics to delve deeper. "OMG, 10,000 people moved out of the state!" Um, yeah, did they notice that a flood of people came INTO the state during the boom to work in real estate and construction related trades, so when the construction boom went bust it's basically natural that there's going to be a lot of people moving out?!" No, no. Must be the weather. It was never hot in Florida until just a couple of years ago.

Nah, too hard to get to that "correlation/explanation" stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida