Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:00 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal
My 4 reasons:
January
February
March
April

The weather is absolutely gorgeous...and the rest of the year...
You have the beach!!
Very good! Short and so simple. Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 PM

26 posts, read 273,388 times
Default 4 good reasons

*the food is THE BEST... in a 4 bolck radius from my old apartment was the following ethnic restruants.. (pardon my spelling) Cuban, Houndarian, Nicragragarian (lol... wow.. I'm trying here, really) Peruvian, Chinesse, and American. And just minutes away from an awesome Thai restrauant and about 15 minutes to great vegetarian food.

*the people are wonderful! Yeah you'll find people who aren't so apealing... it's what you make of it. There's so many people from many back grounds... it's awesome!

*the ocean... it's beautiful... and yes you can find beaches that are not full of people.

*great night life... there's so much to do and see!!!

Come check it out... have an open mind

Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 PM

26 posts, read 273,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nRitzy
Thanks - I just tell everyone when they say they're cold - put on a sweatshirt and if they are still cold I tell them to put on another one and if they are still cold - you got it!!! put on another one!!! What a way to live!!!! Otherwise the heating bill is outrageous.
So then live in Miami... it gets cold for 3 weeks... buy a space heater... wear a couple sweaters and jeans... problem solved

Old 08-04-2006, 10:42 PM

16 posts, read 69,179 times
No State Tax
Disney World
Climate (as in NO SNOW!) lol
Lush Green Lawns
Fruit bearing Trees
Year round gardening
Ocean Access

& if you figure most people retire in FL just makes you wonder - I mean think about it - they finally figured things out - it takes that long and they choose FL - they can't all be wrong! <g>

Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,762 times
Hey wait a minute! That's 7!

Old 08-06-2006, 04:24 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum
Hey wait a minute! That's 7!

You know we can't count in Florida!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:45 AM

45 posts, read 174,149 times
Default 4 reasons from a REAL native Floridian

1. You can enjoy all the joys and benefits of living in a New York nursing home.
2. All of youse guys is moving here, so you can live next door to all youse old friends and family there.
3. No trouble with those darned ignorant, slow Southerners since they'z awl gawn.

And the final reason to move to Florida:

Some places are good for moving to if you want to LIVE. But Florida is the place for moving if you want to ferment in the heat and DIE!

Old 08-19-2006, 08:48 AM

14 posts, read 79,875 times
DE winter energy bills: $250 electric and $500 gas
FL winter energy bill: $56 electric
wearing shorts in January? priceless

Not to mention that in DE my hubby needs $750/month in meds and in FL needs $100/month (if that)

Becky in DE/FL

Old 08-19-2006, 10:50 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times
Some of the reasons will be dependant on where in Fla one lives

No state income tax in Fla. Therefore you can plan on not having 6-8% of your income extorted and stolen by your respective state governments to squander on whatever it is they squander your money on in the state you currently reside in. That also means a saving on having to pay an accountant to try and protect some of what you presumably work hard for.

My Wife and I are a racially mixed couple. She is Vietnamese and I am caucasian. Other than living in NY or California, I am not aware of a more diverse population than good ol South Fla. We have NEVER had a negative experience worth noting in South Fla whereas we have had MANY negative experiences in places like western North Carolina , Northern Ga, S Carolina,....... So bring your tired, weary hearts, souls and bodies to South Fla where you will be able to live your lifes without having to be judged ( or misjudged) on an almost daily basis, or worse.

The income base in Fla is twofold whereas it's mostly singlefold elsewhere. ( We have y'alls $$$ AND ours hahaha)

Like to buy things? You know as in s-h-o-p ? There are malls galore in Fla and the buying power of the state is such that people from all over come to Fla even to stock their shops in other parts of the country. Enjoy and shop till you drop here!

The price of real estate while it went up to near stupid levels in the last few years is happily ( or unhappily depending on your position )coming right back down. Here in Charlotte Cnty, people are almost BEGGING for an offer on their houses at this point. This represents a GREAT time to be a home shopper here. Now will it get even worse for the seller and better for the buying in the near future? You bet! Interest rate increases while temporarily on hold, have gone up so many times that the foreclosure rate NATIONWIDE is up 70% from last year and a whole lot more bad news is coming to the real estate market near you as those adjustible rates start kicking in later this year, the out of control inflating and spending government continues it's merry march of whittling away our incomes, and the average persons debt starts to choke the entire society.

So lots of bad economic news ahead! What that means for you Mr and Mrs ( And Ms) housing shopper is if you are one of the smarter folks who have saved some money rather than squandered it on nonsense or on showing off, YOU are in a good position to take advantage of the situation in Fla and buy yoself a great place at discount!

And anyone who has any sense about them will accept your lowball offer as long as you can prove that you are qualified to buy it!

Want more? Ok, theres more, so much more. Fla is a dream location that beckons to people from around the world to live, love, invest and retire to. So now if the time to take a look around and pick your spot, plant your flag and plan your future ini sunny Florida!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:57 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida