U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 AM

9 posts, read 30,201 times

Advertisements

So I have been thinking about moving to panama city beach. I have done a lot of research and it seems like a place I would enjoy except the whole redneck thing. But first I have a few questions
-I absolutely love to party. Does panama city beach stay partying beyond spring break or does it become boring?
-I have read on many places being nicer that are in the same price range but not as much of a party town(destin, fort walton beach,etc) Now I would prefer a nicer area like the ones listed but I am only living where ever I choose to move for one year and the most important thing to me is that its a non stop party. The reason for my want to party is I am taking the year off from school before I start nursing school. In nursing school I will likely have little to no free time so I need to make up for it during this year off. So correct me if I am wrong, would there be anywhere in FL that is right on the beach that also offers equal party/nightlife of panama city beach while still being relatively cheap?

Also job market is unimportant to me since I have saved up over 6k dollars which should last me around 6 months. I am assuming I can find a job in 6 months though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 AM

7,683 posts, read 16,109,576 times
The party there runs from late February to October with the biggest ones during spring break as you'd expect. Summer tends to have more families as tourists. Winter sees a lot of snowbirds.

If you do move to Florida, keep an eye on the date you'd be enrolling in nursing school the following year. You want to be here at least one full year before that date in order to qualify as a resident for in-state tuition purposes because that will save you thousands of dollars ever year in tuition costs.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM

807 posts, read 2,827,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Ott View Post
So I have been thinking about moving to panama city beach. I have done a lot of research and it seems like a place I would enjoy except the whole redneck thing. But first I have a few questions
-I absolutely love to party. Does panama city beach stay partying beyond spring break or does it become boring?
-I have read on many places being nicer that are in the same price range but not as much of a party town(destin, fort walton beach,etc) Now I would prefer a nicer area like the ones listed but I am only living where ever I choose to move for one year and the most important thing to me is that its a non stop party. The reason for my want to party is I am taking the year off from school before I start nursing school. In nursing school I will likely have little to no free time so I need to make up for it during this year off. So correct me if I am wrong, would there be anywhere in FL that is right on the beach that also offers equal party/nightlife of panama city beach while still being relatively cheap?

Also job market is unimportant to me since I have saved up over 6k dollars which should last me around 6 months. I am assuming I can find a job in 6 months though.
Maybe someplace close to the University of Miami (party school of the year)
So you can live on and party with $1k a month?? Teach me master!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:15 AM

569 posts, read 1,495,019 times
It sounds like South Beach is what you are looking for. It is the party capital of the U.S. Fort Liquordale might fit the bill as well. Panama City is more for Spring Break. Just beware that living expenses are very high and partying is very expensive. Also good jobs are hard to come by. 6 months is nothing.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:20 AM

14,939 posts, read 10,230,357 times
PSouth -
I like the way you think! Fort Liquordale LOL!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
Maybe someplace close to the University of Miami (party school of the year)
So you can live on and party with $1k a month?? Teach me master!
take in account I will be living there with roommate so splitting bills will definately help. I will have no TV/internet unless it comes with the place I live. Money will be spent on nothing but food and partying lol.

I really want to go to South Florida but I couldn't find any 2 bedroom places out of the slums for under 1000 in the places I looked.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The party there runs from late February to October with the biggest ones during spring break as you'd expect. Summer tends to have more families as tourists. Winter sees a lot of snowbirds.

If you do move to Florida, keep an eye on the date you'd be enrolling in nursing school the following year. You want to be here at least one full year before that date in order to qualify as a resident for in-state tuition purposes because that will save you thousands of dollars ever year in tuition costs.
I actually plan on moving back to CO for nursing school unless I love florida too much to leave. Otherwise I will just be going there for the year. I have never experienced warmth year round.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:58 AM

16 posts, read 44,295 times
Also being in the position of moving to PCB I can't offer any insight on the place or partying. I just wanted to comment on your last year before nursing school, lol. Good thing you are getting it out of your system now cause that is soooo true. You will eat sleep and breath nursing for the next 2/4 years (depending) I graduated nursing school almost exactly 1 year ago. What a relief!! Working as a nurse is sooo much better! Good luck!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 AM

96 posts, read 381,068 times
Yep, keep your partying out of the panhandle..Our jails are too full as it is. Go to Daytona Beach or Miami where the other party hounds are.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 AM

7,683 posts, read 16,109,576 times
I wonder what the early morning line for over-under on the number of drunk or stoned jumping/falling off third story or greater balconies during the 2010 PCB college spring break season is. I'll take five.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida