U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM

8,490 posts, read 10,386,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Beaches?
Pine island in Hernando,
Hudson Beach in Pasco.
Green Key in NPR
Anclot Key in Holiday.
As for fishing? some of the best fishing in the state just off shore in the flats but you will need some kind of boat.
Pasco and Hernando counties west of highway 19 might be your best bet..
I guess when I said
Quote:
There is a small beach here or about 50 minutes to Tarpon springs for a very nice beach.
that covered it.
Do you disagree, you really didn't say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 PM

19,374 posts, read 13,792,407 times
I'm not seeing anything to disagree about as the beaches north of Clearwater are kinda small and far between..
Are you talking about Frank Howard Park down near Tarpon Springs?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM

378 posts, read 388,990 times
Englewood FL!.
On the east coast I-95 runs along the coast.
On the west coast, I-75 does the same, except you have to get off 75, then 41 and travel 776 to a place that development came to last. Cheapest place where you can live without having to carry a firearm. Look at a map.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:12 PM

19,374 posts, read 13,792,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
Englewood FL!.
On the east coast I-95 runs along the coast.
On the west coast, I-75 does the same, except you have to get off 75, then 41 and travel 776 to a place that development came to last. Cheapest place where you can live without having to carry a firearm. Look at a map.
I wouldnt say I-95 runs along the coast,close but if you really want a road that runs along the coast get on A1A.
The west coast has nothing similar to A1A however you can get close by taking Alt19 south at Holiday then Gulf Blvd from Clearwater south to the Skyway bridge.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM

2,997 posts, read 2,496,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew sullivan View Post
I'm sort of a to myself person who really enjoys fishing and the beach in general. Although I'm a young person, the bar/club thing really isn't necessary for someone like me. I'm interested in finding work and a low cost of coasting living.

What are some of the cheapest coastal areas in Florida? I heard that generally northern florida coastal areas are significantly cheaper-true?

Thanks so much for your time.
The Panhandle coast is going to be the cheapest, but finding a job will most likely be hard unless you come highly qualified in something . If you want to go real cheap and own something, then there are loads of Trailers around the Panhandle which are in good shape and close to the coast . I bought my 3 bedroom Mobile Home on an acre for just $58,500 and enjoy property taxes of just $136 per year. Cheap living if you dont mind living in the woods ...which i love.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM

55 posts, read 93,780 times
Quote:
I'm sort of a to myself person who really enjoys fishing and the beach in general. Although I'm a young person, the bar/club thing really isn't necessary for someone like me. I'm interested in finding work and a low cost of coasting living.

What are some of the cheapest coastal areas in Florida? I heard that generally northern florida coastal areas are significantly cheaper-true?

Hhi there,
yes N Fla is cheaper however work is not. The best place I personally recommend would be the east space coast area for what you are looking for.(Brevard ****y-not the towns of Rockledge,Titusville,Eau Gallie or Cocoa but more so like Southern Brevard areas which is much cheaper especialy if you go to the slightly inner areas in towns like Palm Bay and Melbounre so it is still within 10-15 min to River and Beaches and only 1 hour form most all central Florida Major Attractions,too) Best of luck.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,397 times
I'm 67 with cancer, but not died yet! Looking for living in Fl. I'm living on S.S. only with good insurance. Where can I live?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM

150 posts, read 160,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingon View Post
I'm 67 with cancer, but not died yet! Looking for living in Fl. I'm living on S.S. only with good insurance. Where can I live?
Where ever you want!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:49 PM

752 posts, read 851,571 times
Quote:

Probably Volusia and Brevard Counties are your best bet. Ormond by the Sea a real sleeper. Barrier island many older homes under $100k, great climate, a bit sleepy yet if you want the craziness of Daytona it is close by.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM

3,706 posts, read 2,658,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Probably Volusia and Brevard Counties are your best bet. Ormond by the Sea a real sleeper. Barrier island many older homes under $100k, great climate, a bit sleepy yet if you want the craziness of Daytona it is close by.
Look on realtor.com in zip code 32176. Most of the homes north of Granada are on streets that start on the ocean and stop on the intracoastal (water on both ends of the street). The barrier island is less than a mile wide (probably 2/3) so it is an easy walk to either body of water. Everything just north of Granada is a "no drive beach" and the condo crush isn't terrible on the ocean side.

You are about an hour from St Augustine and a few minutes more to Jacksonville. Orlando is just over an hour west. Highways are all 6 lane+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida