U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 PM

63 posts, read 174,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Someone mentioned Bonita Springs. I don't agree. Just a huge traffic jam.

Sanibel is still nice because it costs huge money to get across the bridge and it will cost you to sneeze there. Great vacation place, though.

For REAL old Florida, I pick Everglades City. No shopping or all the other baloney. Just real Florida.

I'm sure the wretched refuse would not be interested. But if you want to see the way Florida was, then check it out.

Well, I don't know about huge traffic jam - we have traffic on the main thoroughfares like every other city in SW FL. There is a lot more to this area then driving around in a car.

What I will tell you is that it is a city with 45,000 people or so in a growing metro area. It has beautiful neighborhoods (except for some areas around Old 41 but those are cleaning up a bit) and lots of water but the city itself cannot be considered a small town and I wouldn't put it on the list (but would be considered small when in comparison to a larger city like Tampa). The area here is all sort of melting together (Fort Myers, Estero, Bonita Springs & Naples).

I love Sanibel and Captiva. I go every other weekend or so but I haven't been by car in years (and yes, it is a $6 toll but it is one-way - and the bridges are being replaced). It is nice to be able to jump on a boat and head over there.

There are so many small towns and quait areas scattered all around SW FL and the entire state. You just have to know where and how to find them. Of course unchecked growth has swallowed many up but this is not a new thing for FL or anywhere else.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 01:28 PM

15 posts, read 45,091 times
Default why not punta gorda

i think it is a quaint little town and venice has old fashioned appeal!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:31 PM

5,701 posts, read 17,450,340 times
What about some pics of your town:

Old 07-03-2007, 01:08 AM

3 posts, read 6,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
It's nice to see that another person knows of Micanopy!
The town itself is very pretty....the people are also friendly.
I would like to know more about Micanopy......I'm having trouble trying to find real estate, and the price of homes there.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 AM

1,999 posts, read 172,596 times
REALTOR.com

Last edited by Floridabound09; 07-03-2007 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: took link out...

Old 01-24-2008, 02:23 AM

11 posts, read 179,411 times
How about Seaside... it's so unique... very quaint. I haven't been there in awhile, but hope it still has it's charm.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 AM

440 posts, read 1,704,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolesh View Post
How about Seaside... it's so unique... very quaint. I haven't been there in awhile, but hope it still has it's charm.
We would have to agree with you ..... Seaside, Grayton Beach, Rosemary Beach ... all the beach communities along the Emerald Coast are lovely ... not as quaint as they used to be .... but still as beautiful ..... when were you here last?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:46 AM

299 posts, read 944,705 times
[quote=Floridabound09;597290]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12paws42 View Post

Love the back area of Webster, that is where all the temps park and sell.

Just one more reason for me to move to Fla. I can shop, buy and sell antiques everyday of the week. Here in Ohio you are pretty much limited to 4 months per year.

Webster.... wow... I have made some great money with the finds there over the past 20 years.

When Eustis Flea Market was big I wouldn't miss it either.
There is a Webster flea market & Webster West side market. Which one has the antiques? A quaint place to antique shop is Arcadia but that's retail only.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 PM

13,325 posts, read 30,374,558 times
Some pics from my little town.
The little thumbnail photo is the school bus at our local recreation center where I swim.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/Capresesalad/IMG_3996.jpg (broken link)
Attached Thumbnails
Beautiful Small towns of Florida (Gems)-img_3751.jpg  

Old 01-24-2008, 02:49 PM

672 posts, read 1,014,707 times
Default Help

I'd like to post but forgot the link to the site that you upload the pics to.
Anybody?
I'll then post and stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida