Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 10,475 times

Advertisements

HELLO, WE ARE SCHEDULING A WEDDING IN KEY WEST IN JULY. WAS CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A HOTEL THAT DOES LIVE MUSIC ON THE WEEKENDS ON THE BEACH. IVE BEEN TO ONE ON TREASURE ISLAND, HE DID JIMMY BUFFETT TYPE MUSIC ALL DAY AND IT WAS WONDERFUL. ALSO LOOKING FOR A PLACE THAT HAS A LOT OF BARS POSSIBLY WALKING DISTANCE. AM I ASKING TOO MUCH?? LOL THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
THERE REALLY ISN"T A BEACH IN KEY WEST. MANY OF THE LARGER HOTELS HAVE A MUSICIAN THAT PLAYS IN THE EVENING. THERE IS A BAR ON EVERY CORNER IN KEY WEST, YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM FINDING ONE.

By the way, it's a lot easier to read if you don't type in all caps. I'd strongly suggest doing a little more research, because Key West is not like Treasure Island.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:08 PM

207 posts, read 614,026 times
Si, I agree, Plus I believe somewhere in July is Lobster season in the keys, everything is like triple the price, including hotels and what not. The Keys remind me of like rustic beachy, surf shack type of atmosphere. We just got back from Naples/Marco Island, just beautiful. The one beach we were at was like walking on white flour. It was so cool. Some bar/restaurants are laid back beachy and some I saw were upscale. And never underestimate Ft. Lauderdale, the beaches are beautiful and they have a vast choice of bars/restaurants. Many with nightly entertainment. A1A right across from the beach as variety of bars with music many with a Latin atmosphere. I find very neat, also I just saw a wedding in Lauderdale by the Sea, which is has a small town feel. The pier area has different bars too, mom and pop hotels that are nice, and Aruba's beach cafe always has music when I have been there is mainly steel drum, carribbean like. So I hope this helps Congrats, it just depends what kind of beach wedding you would like, but each area offers it own style.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:29 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,223 times
My cousin had her wedding in June of 2003 at the Hyatt in Key West. It was right in the heart of 'Old Town', the harbor (the best part of town). The hotel also did a great job.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,519 times
http://www.keystravel.com/SmathersBeach1.jpg (broken link)

smathers beach in key west. yes the sand came from the sahara by way of the bahamas but it is here now and its a real beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
THERE REALLY ISN"T A BEACH IN KEY WEST.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
If you want a really special wedding and wedding night (not cheap at all) Little Palm Island Florida Resort - Florida Keys Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Luxury Private Island in the Keys is a thought. Then the next day you could drive to Key West and stay a few nights close to Duval street.

Off the coast of Key West is a private island called Sunset Key. Little villas line the beach that you rent from the hotel. I can't remember who owns it, you have to take a boat. Maybe you don't stay there but get married there if Little Palm is out of the budget. http://www.sunsetkeyisland.com

Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,664,511 times
Are you a Florida resident? If not, I need to tell you from a woman's point of view July in Florida does not make for a beautiful bride. It is so hot and stickey that when you get out of the shower, you can't even put on your underwear because it sticks to your legs. White dress? Hair style? Makeup? forget it. If she wants to wear a sarong over a bikini? Take the advise as given above. If she is a princess, make other plans.
Good luck and happiness to you both.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:57 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Are you a Florida resident? If not, I need to tell you from a woman's point of view July in Florida does not make for a beautiful bride. It is so hot and stickey that when you get out of the shower, you can't even put on your underwear because it sticks to your legs. White dress? Hair style? Makeup? forget it. If she wants to wear a sarong over a bikini? Take the advise as given above. If she is a princess, make other plans.
I totally agree, July in Florida isn't a great time of year to get married on a beach. Its hot and humid, and at sunset time which is so pretty to get married, the mosquitos are out looking for dinner. But then maybe this bride likes it hot and sticky, who knows??? July is also in rainy season and hurricane season, though July isn't that active.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:38 AM

3 posts, read 10,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post

lol thank you for the advice. We were there in march and the weather wasnt as hot as i expected.
will now consider moving it up. or later in the year.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:28 PM

7 posts, read 24,453 times
yeah i agree with others, the weather in the summer sucks in key west. that is the only negative thing that i do not like about it. Would be better off moving the wedding after october, when the hurricane season is over. January or February usually have the best weather, cool and sunny and not humid. My parents still live in key west, but I have temprorary moved to NJ with my fiancee because of job relocation. I know we will come back to key west eventually, and I would definetly want to have my wedding there. My location would prob. be either the Westin (formerly Hilton) which is downtown by the water and Mallory Square or the Casa Marina Resort by the Beach. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida