Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 06:49 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
30,000 house?

You are joking right?

Any house for 30,000 in Akron Ohio they had better be prepared to fight off rats the size of dogs.

There is nothing but crap jobs in Akron Ohio either.

Running off to Ohio because you cannot make it in Florida tells me they will not make it here either.

Buying a house for 30,000 and living in it tells me something.

I would rather sleep in my car then any 30,000 home infested with rats and probably needs to be torn down.

If you think that same person who must make a very low wage is going to come to Ohio and make any more here they have a lot to learn.

Odd people with skills have no problems finding good paying jobs in Florida.

If a 20 year old girl from Ohio can take 500.00 and a beater car and end up in Orlando and get a job the first couple days she is there and worked 9 months and made over 40,000 in the first 9 months she has been in Florida then why cant someone else? If you cannot live decently on 40k in 9 months then you really need some help. She would have made close to 55k easily has she been there the entire year.

You CANNOT live any cheaper in Ohio then in Florida if you compare rigth down to the bar knuckles like I have. Why not have a better quality of life and live in Florida?

Psouth, if you friends have lived in Florida for 30 years and are coming back to Ohio to live cheaper they must have done something very wrong with their money. Anyone who wants to live in a 30,000 house has to have something serious wrong. Most 30,000 homes are total dumps and bug infested. Sorry but I just cannot see someone who moved to Florida to have a better life and lived in Florida for 30 years coming back to Ohio for a lower quality of life. Just does not make any sense.

Far cheaper for me to live in Florida then where I am at in Ohio, 20-25% cheaper for the same size, style, type home, cheaper foods, cheaper taxes by a long shot and tons more to do and see. I have spent a ton of time comparing many different towns and it is not even close.

Just so people will know Ohio unemployment is matching Floridas right now.
What some do not realize is historically Ohio had far worse unemployment then Florida does.

If you cannot make it in Florida then you either have no skills that pay decent wages or you do not know how to handle money.

Many are doing quite well in Florida so wonder why those who cannot make it are not?
in Florida to make the point that not everything is cheaper in Florida. We are "making it" in Florida. My older daughter was "making it" in Florida also.

There are some things that money cannot buy. Perhaps, when you get older and more mature, you will understand that. My daughter, at 30 years old, knew full well what that meant.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:51 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
You should have your relatives in Long Island fedex you fresh fruit a few times a month.
Only a sucker gets ripped off!

Might as well order it from South America because that is where people in LI are buying it.

This poster could be given free fruit from Florida for life and it wont be any good or something will be wrong with it.

Nothing in Florida is any good at all to hear her tell it.

Where in NY can you go out to your own backyard and grab an delicious orange to eat??? Answer: NO WHERE - They cannot even grow decent tasting apples in NY.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:52 PM

448 posts, read 1,465,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I found food to be cheaper on LI. Not to mention I could get just about any fruits or veggies I wanted year round. I have been looking for fresh peaches. I cannot find them in MAY in Florida, but I could get them in DECEMBER in NY. The strawberries in all the supermarkets (Publix and Sweetbay) right now are from CALIFORNIA. On Long Island, in JUNE we would go picking strawberries in the fields ourselves. As my husband has said many times, $3.00 for ONE TOMATO when you live less than 10 miles (Immokalee) where they are grown?

Produce is a rip off in Florida.
I found the most inexpensive way to purchase a tomato. I grow our own And they are good.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
in Florida to make the point that not everything is cheaper in Florida. We are "making it" in Florida. My older daughter was "making it" in Florida also.

There are some things that money cannot buy. Perhaps, when you get older and more mature, you will understand that. My daughter, at 30 years old, knew full well what that meant.

COMPARE everything. Not just hand pick you own things.

Everything in the end is cheaper! Take into consideration everything and I can live in Florida for 20-25% cheaper then Ohio with everything tossed in and a better quality of life.

So if you are making it in Florida then I guess it is not as bad as you make Florida out to be. If you can make it then so can others!!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:54 PM

Default I don't have the LAND to grow produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
I found the most inexpensive way to purchase a tomato. I grow our own And they are good.
I am even having a very hard time growing FLOWERS in a pot in SW Florida.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Default When I worked the overnight shift

Quote:
Only a sucker gets ripped off!

Might as well order it from South America because that is where people in LI are buying it.

This poster could be given free fruit from Florida for life and it wont be any good or something will be wrong with it.

Nothing in Florida is any good at all to hear her tell it.

Where in NY can you go out to your own backyard and grab an delicious orange to eat??? Answer: NO WHERE - They cannot even grow decent tasting apples in NY.
I got hungry. I didn't want junk food. So I bought navel oranges in February. They had stickers on them which said CALIFORNIA. They were 3 for $3.00. They were very good and worth the money. I have bought navel oranges here in Florida also. They too are from CALIFORNIA.

If you think produce in Florida is from FLORDIA, check the labels. Most of the produce is from SOUTH AMERICA.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
I see you are a month away from being in Florida.

And you are from Ohio.

Guess you are on poster who did not listen to the Florida bashers either.

To hear them all tell it you will be homeless and starving soon.

Goodluck in Florida Floridaorbust! Congrats on improving the quality of your life.

This poster wont grow her own tomato's, it to hot outside to dig a little hole and plant it.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I am even having a very hard time growing FLOWERS in a pot in SW Florida.
See what I mean.

She cannot even get a flower to grow.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM

Default Because I want to grow

Quote:
See what I mean.

She cannot even get a flower to grow.
flowers other than the STATE FLOWER Hibiscus. Those things are so sweet smelling they make me want to puke.

I cannot wait until the day you move here. Maybe then you will be so in 7th heaven and so enjoying living outside 12 months a year, you won't come on here anymore.

I will MOST DEFINITELY not be back here when I go home.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:06 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,379,309 times
I'm well over 30 and I'm not sure what you mean either. Maybe you need to rephrase it. Are we still talking about fruit here?

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida