Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times

Advertisements

Got a phone call today from my friend's father, who lives in Northen Palm Beach County. His cousin is purchasing a short sale property for retirement in a couple years, and wanted to ask me some questions about the contract they are submitting today on a short sale property that has multiple offers on it, apparently.

They are purchasing the property and home in cash, coming from New York, and planning to move to Florida full time within the next couple of years for retirement.

The downfall of Florida will not occur as many on this board like to think. People will still move here. I could care less if the unchecked hordes want to move here in the same numbers as before or not. That isn't and wasn't healthy for the economy OR the environment, in the long run.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:34 PM

569 posts, read 1,669,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Got a phone call today from my friend's father, who lives in Northen Palm Beach County. His cousin is purchasing a short sale property for retirement in a couple years, and wanted to ask me some questions about the contract they are submitting today on a short sale property that has multiple offers on it, apparently.

They are purchasing the property and home in cash, coming from New York, and planning to move to Florida full time within the next couple of years for retirement.

The downfall of Florida will not occur as many on this board like to think. People will still move here. I could care less if the unchecked hordes want to move here in the same numbers as before or not. That isn't and wasn't healthy for the economy OR the environment, in the long run.
There will never be a shortage of transients coming and going from Florida. It's just the nature of the place. Add on the illegal Hispanics and Haitians washing ashore on Palm Beach on a daily basis and you got some real progress for this state. Nothing but the best.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
There will never be a shortage of transients coming and going from Florida. It's just the nature of the place. Add on the illegal Hispanics and Haitians washing ashore on Palm Beach on a daily basis and you got some real progress for this state. Nothing but the best.

So, people who can afford to pay $300k cash for a home are "transients" and akin to illegals and Haitians washing on shore?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So, people who can afford to pay $300k cash for a home are "transients" and akin to illegals and Haitians washing on shore?
Sorry I didn't know you are a real estate agent. That explains things. This forum seems to be full of real estate agents but I guess it's just another way to try to drum up business in these desperate times in Florida.

I was referring to your last paragraph.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Sorry I didn't know you are a real estate agent. That explains things. This forum seems to be full of real estate agents but I guess it's just another way to try to drum up business in these desperate times in Florida.

I'm actually not a real estate agent, but thanks for playing.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
I once went to a boat show. There was a man walking around carrying a big paper shopping bag who looked like a bum. Security was walking around with him apparently waiting for one false move. He seemed to have his eyes set on one huge yatch with very elaborate sleeping quarters. He climbed on board and screamed that he wanted to buy this boat (ship?). He then proceeded to dump out the contents of his shopping bag which was chuck full of CASH. Yes, he had the money to pay for the boat, and he did.

You never know. How do you know that some millionaire might want to just buy a house on the beach for his daughter's wedding and never live in it ever again?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
The OP does have a valid point. Every once in awhile somone posts on here about moving to Florida( not to retire) and has no job lined up.

They just want to move here, but have no Plan A, never mind a Plan B.

There is guy who recently posted stating he has a job that pays 50K a year in suburban NYC and wants to quit and move here because it is cheaper to live and to get out of the cold.

He has no job lined up and very little in savings.

FL is losing more jobs than any other state right now.

I don't get why anyone would relocate anywhere, without a job unless they have at least a years worth of savings.

There are people that seem to think moving to FL is going to be paradise, the thing is your bills and your troubles follow you.

Now if you are retired, completely different story or if you have a job lined up.

But to move here in this economy and "hope for the best" is foolish.

There are worse things than cold weather, like running out of your savings and no job in sight.

Or getting a low paying job and find out you can't live on what you earn.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I once went to a boat show. There was a man walking around carrying a big paper shopping bag who looked like a bum. Security was walking around with him apparently waiting for one false move. He seemed to have his eyes set on one huge yatch with very elaborate sleeping quarters. He climbed on board and screamed that he wanted to buy this boat (ship?). He then proceeded to dump out the contents of his shopping bag which was chuck full of CASH. Yes, he had the money to pay for the boat, and he did.

You never know. How do you know that some millionaire might want to just buy a house on the beach for his daughter's wedding and never live in it ever again?
That must have been one heavy bag.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM

Default I don't know what the denominations

Quote:
That must have been one heavy bag.
of the bills were, but it was PRICELESS to see the look on the salespeople's faces. They did actually sit there and count it all out. This was at a boat show in NYC many year ago. You never know who is some eccentic millionaire.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:59 PM

Default Yes

Quote:

There seems to be quite a few real estate agents on the Florida forum. They have also started posting in the general forums. Need to find business where they can I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida