Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,380,162 times

Advertisements

I can't tell you the times for sure, but I would go for the higher time estimate if your commuting during rush hour. Remember, in the summer, if you get out of work between roughly 4 and 7 PM you'll be driving home from work during heavy thunderstorms on many days. It's not nearly as bad as driving in snow, but it can be bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaindioux View Post
I was told by a Polk county native that to work in Tampa I would have to live in Lakeland and for Orlando in Winter Haven.
He also told me it would take me about 30mn for each location to get to work, which I argued with him as my google/mapquest research indicated more like 45mn to 1 hour with traffic.
He insisted on 30mn saying that you don't want to take the major hwys which are tourist congested.
I have time to calculate that in the future by simply driving during peak hours from potential living places in Polk to work places.

Thanks

Patrick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM

18 posts, read 29,293 times
Default Insurance Brevard County

Try the Titusville, Fl area. We now have double homestead exemption and it will save you a little. Shop around for homeowners and auto insurance and you will get a lower price. I personally use and recommend J.W. Edens & Company Insurance in Brevard County. GOOD LUCK!
J.W. Edens & Company Insurance - YOUR Brevard and Volusia County Auto-Homeowners-Business-Life-Health and Flood Insurance source for Titusville, Melbourne, New Smyrna Beach & Indialantic, Fl

Old 06-18-2009, 09:16 AM

66 posts, read 143,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
That has mostly been reset in most areas. Even if it hasn't you just get an appointment with your local P.A. ....They are there to help you and not your enemy. Nothing to be afraid of.
Just go there and demand your tax be lowered and it will..
there to help us?! what planet are you on? they are normal citizens UNTIL they get a job in the tax office then they become evil, un-american, tax monsters. that has clearly been shown by some of the old tax rates on these homes. like gas, taxes are quick to rise and slow to fall. that's not an accident....

Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 AM

66 posts, read 143,000 times
Default spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandw101 View Post
Try the Titusville, Fl area. We now have double homestead exemption and it will save you a little. Shop around for homeowners and auto insurance and you will get a lower price. I personally use and recommend XXXXX in Brevard County. GOOD LUCK!
nice spam job...... insurance salesmen are as slimy as attorneys. i don't have insurance on my current home and i AIN'T GETTING NONE.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,728,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving texAss View Post
there to help us?! what planet are you on? they are normal citizens UNTIL they get a job in the tax office then they become evil, un-american, tax monsters. that has clearly been shown by some of the old tax rates on these homes. like gas, taxes are quick to rise and slow to fall. that's not an accident....
I don't speak from fear, ignorance, paranoia or speculation. I own a lot of property and have taken care of all my tax issues myself in a calm rational way with people there who can help me. They don't make policy, they are there for no other reason then to help you, thats what they get paid for. They didn't raise your taxes but they have the power to lower them if you are capable of communicating in a civil way. You are expected to come with a reasonable case why they should help you. Just from your post I can see you probably have problems dealing with such issues.

Last edited by mango23; 06-18-2009 at 10:40 AM..

Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaindioux View Post
I have a related question. How come if HOI and taxes are so high in Florida, so many hispanics can afford to own here? Lots of Hispanic here in Atlanta and they don't have the high paying salaries but they can make it fine here as taxes and HOI are affordable. Just wondering!
That's because Hispanics are successful in many areas of Florida and probably have just as good or better jobs than you. Visit Weston, Florida for a great example. Poorer Hispanics make it by renting or pooling other families into their home.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,728,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That's because Hispanics are successful in many areas of Florida and probably have just as good or better jobs than you. Visit Weston, Florida for a great example. Poorer Hispanics make it by renting or pooling other families into their home.
New people to this country have a different dynamic. They are hard working and see opportunity around every corner. They start business and work 16 hours a day to be a success. I am afraid Americans today are not who their grandfathers were. They want everything for nothing. Their idea of a job is making as much money as they can while doing as little as possible to earn it. If they start a business, as soon as they make a few bucks they are out pissin& it away. Then the first downturn and they are bankrupt. Just look around you, we are no longer the same people who built this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida