Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times

Advertisements

I think I may have a clue for you as to why you are finding employment that pays well. And I'm thinkin' that undocumented aliens have very little to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
My bad!! Not lobotomy, that is Dr. Frankenstein's stuff!!

Ack!! Actually it is Phlebotomy!!! Taking blood, ivy during surgeries... specially work!!

LOL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 07:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
You need someone with money and fame to sponsor your cause, this will bring the media faster than flash.... Any VIP's in the area?
Sad but true. And the chance of finding one is about as much as me becomming a billionaire.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
I am going to get something straight......

Your state is a damn mess because of you and your fellow Floridians, DO NOT BLAME people like me who come and go to Florida for personal and business for your mess. I dont leave anything a darn mess, in fact, the money I spent goes into your local economy to make it grow and develop.

The facts are its your own states people who are lazy asses who do not give a rats ass about the state, I know more people out of the state of Florida that care for the state of Florida then you do!

Its you job and you duty as citizen of that state to do something, I understand you cannot get eveyrone together to do allot, but do not use us as you damn escape goats !

OUR MONEY pay the majority of wages in your state, a huge majority, the money collect on hotel taxes in a year alone is more then your state needs to fix your problems.

You all say it yourself, low wages, no manufacturing etc is the problem, if you take the tourist money you will have more then the trouble you have, jobs will be lost in the millions.

If your state government officals are to blame, then have to guts to blame them and stop blaming us.

Sure, all the illegals running around in Florida is a huge problem, but you guys helped the problem even more by voting in this nut case group of senators and congressmen, YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET, they love open borders, freebie programs, free healtcare to illegals etc.

At least many of those russians, brits etc are coming in legally.

Your states problem is NOT from the other states, it's from SOUTH and WEST of your border !!!!!

I too am with allot of other posters, if you do not like it there, stop you darn whining and get the heck out of the state !

Stop blaming us, our money spent in your state keeps it afloat, besides, why do you think you have NO INCOME TAX, its not because they like you !

Only the Florida citizens can fix the problems, believe me if I was there, I see those same things you, I would be finding out a way to convince voters to do something.

Watch the new current congress at work, when they are done ruining our entire country, your state will be right up there at the top when they are done because you all play a huge role in the 08 elections. Mark it down, they will be over over your state in about 6 months from now.

I would love to see you in a chicken suit on the highway, at least you doing something.

I agree with Sunrico on this, you have to get someone prominent to group people together and fix the problem.

I think the problem is your south and west borders, not anything from the north at all.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Who's the problem? Many people. Let's examine the facts:
1) Snowbirds have been comming to Florida since the beginning of the 20'th century, but things have only gotten bad in the 80's and very bad after 2001.

2) Foreign investment, whether the Arabs in the 70's or the Latin Americans or....? Some get more money, many lose out in the south Florida money pit, so it's hard to say if they are to blame

3) Deep seated criminal conduct. Everyone from county comissioners to police officers can be on the take. Indoor pot farms and drug smugglers funnel huge amounts of untraced cash through this area. No wonder "official" income is so low while expenses are so high.

4)Illegal immigration. hard to say who suffers more, the immigrants or us taxpayers who subsidixe them. I get very angry because people who support illegal immigration are racists, who are fine with having second class people subsisting to do their dirty work.

5) The mentality that Florida is better than where newcommers came from.

6) Subprime mortgages and loose lending standards. Also the willingness of people to take on debt.

Remember we Floridians love our tourists. Some may want to rob them because many are unarmed, but we enjoy your visit. Whether you spend money here or not, Florida will still exist. Maybe we'll grow fruit again instead of condos..LOL!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:47 PM

37 posts, read 121,730 times
Quote:
My husband and I noticed how nice everybody is in North Florida. People helping and going out of their way. Upon arriving at the Palm Beach/Broward line, it was smacked in our face of the rudeness and basic lack of respect for other people.
That is because when you hit the Broward line, you run into more Yankees than you did Southern's. They are making Florida a very rude, disrespectful place to live.

Quote:
Your state is a damn mess because of you and your fellow Floridians
Our state is a mess because of the way the government has allow it to be over run.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 PM

669 posts, read 3,193,804 times
I keep reading that thing Nirvana wrote and it's ticking me off.

Doesn't anyone else see the crime stats? Orlando crime has been high for a long time. It doesn't appear to be a recent problem. It may be getting worse, but it has always been high, no?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
Is the Florida forum too negative? I've made similar posts before but it's starting to bug me.

People say "we need to expose all sides of Florida"; to me the only side being exposed is the bad one.

I realize crime is bad, cost of living is bad, etc, but is it really helping to sit here and moan?

The positives are only rarely exposed.

One complaint I do NOT understand is heat. Don't most people know Florida is hot year round? What's the shock? If you're so happy when a cold spell comes, why not move somewhere else? I'm not trying to be mean. I'm seriously wondering.

Anyways, I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I'm wondering, is Florida 100x worse than every other state (as you'd think from reading the 100x more negativity here than the other forums), or is it overblown?

Well, it's easy. Think about something. Probably this is one of the cities with the worst comments and feedback. We don't know each other here, there's no "conspiracy" here, no racism, nothing. What you read is actual experiences from regular joe's. If you read mostly bad comments is for something; don't you think? Some people can tolerate maybe some things, but others do not. Specially the patriot Americans, do not tolerate having a foreign country-inside the country. That doesn't make sense at all to anybody. I have even spoken with Hispanic people from other states, born and raised here and they know that Miami is full of ignorance, low class lifesyle, poor family values, cheap culture and all the stuf you usually read here. So pelase don't think "something wrong is with the people posting bad comments about Miami". Maybe the reality is "something really wrong is going on in Miami"

Old 04-11-2007, 11:23 PM

9 posts, read 34,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
Is the Florida forum too negative? I've made similar posts before but it's starting to bug me.

People say "we need to expose all sides of Florida"; to me the only side being exposed is the bad one.

I realize crime is bad, cost of living is bad, etc, but is it really helping to sit here and moan?

The positives are only rarely exposed.

One complaint I do NOT understand is heat. Don't most people know Florida is hot year round? What's the shock? If you're so happy when a cold spell comes, why not move somewhere else? I'm not trying to be mean. I'm seriously wondering.

Anyways, I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I'm wondering, is Florida 100x worse than every other state (as you'd think from reading the 100x more negativity here than the other forums), or is it overblown?
You sure are right...
I will not even read the FL forum, AND I LIVE IN FL!!!
The FL forums Malcontents, Haters, etc. have ruined it for me and probably
scared away alot that wanted to move to FL...

Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Nah, they haven't chased us away or even discouraged us. Most of us Yankees can tell the difference between a sensible person telling us what the problems are in Fla. and the rantings of the others. We don't mind hearing the problems with HOA fees or HOI skyrocketing or the inflated cost of housing. Neither do we mind being told which areas are WAY overcrowded and have horrible traffic problems or crime problems. IMHO these are things that are important for people to know before they move some place. It's the other rants that most of us just ignore.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
LOL I got as good laugh from this! So far, they have not even sent me any response other than a computer-generated e-mail. Remember they know that Florida voters are too dumb, or overworked and tired, or too busy looking through rose colored glasses to do anything. Also there is no reason for an elected official to listen to the public, all candidates are hand picked and funded by special interests. Individual people cannot do anything, that's my conclusion. I am teaching myself flash animation as I am going to make my own parody of life in south Florida and try and get some interest on YouTube or somewhere on the net in the hopes it makes it to mainstream media. Think of a jib jab style video about Floriduh!
And you REALLY think this is only in FL? I think YOU'RE the one with "glasses" on...(& they're the wrong prescription! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida