U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Florida's climate overall?
Yes 88 57.52%
NO, way too hot & humid! 63 41.18%
Not sure 2 1.31%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times

Advertisements

Well, I voted no way too hot and too humid, in comparing it to another state AND comparing South Florida to North Florida where I also have lived. South Florida is definitely way too humid and hot.

End for me too. Bye, bye.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,433,449 times
My choice was not in the poll. Just perfect would be my choice.

Florida's climate is just perfect and fits me and my family perfectly.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:20 AM

6,561 posts, read 12,892,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
There is no need to "spell it out in plain English" as I understood exactly what you were saying. I just saw no need to compare the climate in Ga with the climate in MA and did not see the relevance.
If you saw no need, then you didn't understand what I was saying and I see no purpose in further explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson

Do you like Florida's climate?

That is a pretty straight forward freaking question.
LOL!!! It wasn't a "straight forward freaking question" for YOU. In fact I believe you indirectly called it "ignorant" because of the great variance in Florida's climate did you not? (If you've forgotten already, see your quote below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson
My statement about the climate within Florida stands. There is a large difference between the climate in South Florida compared to North Florida. When others make a statement as if all of Florida has the same weather it just shows ignorance.
So again, apparently YOU are allowed to ask for more specifics on this question, but I am not....

Last edited by Rhett_Butler; 06-09-2009 at 11:28 AM..

Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 AM

2,414 posts, read 4,805,151 times
I suggest everyone just ignore RhettButler so that this thread doesn't get shut down.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 AM

231 posts, read 618,775 times
Default BIG State to drive thru also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Florida is a big state. Why is every thought of Florida south Florida? The state is over 500 miles long and has two time zones.

You are so right!!!! We just drove to Texas from the Tampa area and Northern Florida is ALOT different looking then the Tampa area. My husband and I were so surprised how hilly it is on I 10 and how much more prettier it is. What a long drive...ugh!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,946,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
If you saw no need, then you didn't understand what I was saying and I see no purpose in further explaining. Thanks for playing.

I saw no need because it did not fit the parameters of what the thread was asking.

I thought you were done here anyway?

LOL!!! It wasn't a "straight forward freaking question" for YOU. In fact I believe you indirectly called it "ignorant" because of the great variance in Florida's climate did you not? (If you've forgotten already, see your quote below)

The question was straight forward. If someone has only been to one area of Florida they comment on that area, 2 areas they comment on those areas.

I called the answers, that spoke as if all Florida had the same weather, ignorant. If you have only been to Miami and did not like the weather it is ignorant to say all Florida's weather is terrible.

So again, apparently YOU are allowed to ask for more specifics on this question, but I am not....
Filler

Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM

1,310 posts, read 2,713,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The best night's sleep I have gotten in years was last January sleeping on my daughter's futon snuggling under the covers in my flannel pj's listening to the sound of the wind and snow hitting the window panes. It's as much a mental comfort as it is physical. A/C just isn't the same.
Yes, but, how do u like driving in it the next day , slipping on it as you walk, shivering in the cold damp weather ... as compared to the Florida climate ?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:44 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times
Default My daughter lives in Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Yes, but, how do u like driving in it the next day , slipping on it as you walk, shivering in the cold damp weather ... as compared to the Florida climate ?
We didn't have drive anywhere. Actually, we walked to the local bagel store that morning. Then took the train in to Manhattan later that day. It was a very nice day.

I worked overnight shift on LI. I drove many, many nights to work in the snow, and ice, at midnight before the roads had been plowed, or anybody else had even driven on them. Side roads, not main highways. You do it. It's part of life.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 PM

552 posts, read 447,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
If 99% of all Floridians have there air on and 1% don't, the 1% is not normal. Believe me, June in Florida, everyone has their air on except those who are very very thrifty. And if you don't your house, shower, and everything in it smells like mold.
I completely agree. Someone said they had their A/C off and your doors open? Are you kidding? I played golf today, and it was 90 degrees by 11am. I'm a FL native, and I'm pretty young, so I think I can bare the heat better than some. But it was hot as heck today, no question about it.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:50 PM

552 posts, read 447,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
A lot of times you don't need it on after a rainstorm at night, or early in the morning. The point is you don't need to run AC contstantly for six months of the year. July- mid September is when I run my AC very heavily.
Wow, I find that hard to believe considering we live in the same city. We have the A/C on all the time. If you have your A/C set to kick on at 75 or less, it will kick on a lot, even in the winter months. For you not to use it in some of out hot months, or maybe just sometimes, you must have it set for like 82 degrees, which inside the house, is WAY too hot for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or