U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Florida's climate overall?
Yes 88 57.52%
NO, way too hot & humid! 63 41.18%
Not sure 2 1.31%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:59 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times

Advertisements

You know, asking this question in the Summer, especially in SOUTH Florida, is going to elicit a totally different response than any posting made during the WINTER.

Go back an look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 04:03 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,636,273 times
[quote=Mike Peterson;9320162]If people are totally over Florida the population would not continue to grow.
I am sure the people coming from Europe and Latin America appreciate you refering to them all as from 3rd world countries.

June 1st low of 63
June 2nd low of 66 and 5 other days

This is in central Florida so I am sure some parts of North Florida were a degree or 2 cooler.
These were also days without any rain.

That day that was 81 we got a whole .16 of an inch of rain.

You still neglected to tell how I gloss it over. Are they not standing in the same climate with me when I show houses? Most are here for at least a week, do I tell them it is 20 degrees higher than normal that day?[/
QUOTE]

What do you tell them when they are looking at a house in Feb. and ask about the weather conditions in July?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,946,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is one example of how realtors "gloss over weather on their websites in hopes of hooking a sucker.

Weather and Temp in Orlando Florida
That was brilliant.

You linked to a site that a private owner in the UK is advertising his villa on.

DOH!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times
Why don't people want to quote the HEAT INDEX? You HAVE to favor in the HUMIDITY levels to determine what it actually FEELS like.

If you can factor in WIND CHILLS for temps up North, why not HEAT INDEXES in Florida?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Here is another example:

WEATHER ENGLEWOOD FLORIDA (http://www.englewood-florida-real-estate-guide.com/weather-englewood-florida.html - broken link)
Seems like they were being straight forward.

"While we may suffer some pretty hot and humid days in July, the winters are to die for! "

Last edited by Mike1306; 06-16-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 06-16-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
True. There are plenty of other sites from realtors similar to those I have shown.
Now here is what I posted and what you replied to.

"Please explain how to gloss over weather and how to do it to make a sale.

Do buyers float around in a climate controlled bubble until they buy a house?"

How many sales are made through a website? The vast majority of the time the buyers will need to come into Florida to purchase.

How do I then gloss over the weather?

Since I mentioned in my post about the buyers being there and how I could make the sale while glossing over the weather please explain that instead of just going in another direction with it. Is the problem that you can't?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:

What do you tell them when they are looking at a house in Feb. and ask about the weather conditions in July?
I give them accurate averages of the temperatures.

I never say it is not that hot or that it is hot as hell as all that is subjective.

It is the same as if someone asks information on schools. I send them to where they can get the information if I do not have it at hand.

The only time I mention my thoughts on schools is if it is where my children go.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Why don't people want to quote the HEAT INDEX? You HAVE to favor in the HUMIDITY levels to determine what it actually FEELS like.

If you can factor in WIND CHILLS for temps up North, why not HEAT INDEXES in Florida?
Maybe this is why. I highlighted key words.

"The heat index is derived from work carried out by Robert G. Steadman.[1][2] Like the wind chill index, the heat index contains assumptions about the human body mass and height, clothing, and the wind speed. Significant deviations from these will result in heat index values which do not accurately reflect the perceived temperature.[3]"

Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 PM

3,854 posts, read 3,744,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
That was brilliant.

You linked to a site that a private owner in the UK is advertising his villa on.

DOH!!!
THAT was a "luxury villa"?????? LOL LOL

Sorta looks like it is located in the middle of what might have been a cow pasture at one time.......NO TREES!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 PM

258 posts, read 247,939 times
There are no nice trees in Florida, the foliage is the ugliest on earth and also there is no real grass, it is disgusting and makes you itch, all because the climate is so oppressive that nothing nice will grow there. You can't grow tulips or any nice flowers either. Also, those average temps are very misleading. If you notice the temperatures exceed the average 9 out of 10 days. For example, look at the ten 10 for Orlando that someone posted. The winters are not to die for at all, I spent several Christmas's down there with air conditioning on and everyone miserable. The heat and humidity are unbearable from April until October. In October you get two cooler blasts for about two days a piece, the rest is horrible. Novemember about ten days of cooler weather, by March it's not as hot as summer but uncomfortable to do outdoor events in the sun. All in all the climate is awful, and completely misrepresented by Floridians, especially realtors. The *** is up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
THAT was a "luxury villa"?????? LOL LOL

Sorta looks like it is located in the middle of what might have been a cow pasture at one time.......NO TREES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or