U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you like Florida's climate overall?
Yes 88 57.52%
NO, way too hot & humid! 63 41.18%
Not sure 2 1.31%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 08-07-2009, 02:46 PM
 
Location: where my heart is
5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times
Reputation: 1661

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
That is a miracle for this site

In real life, I would dare say that in excess of 80% of people in this state either like the climate, or can at least tolerate it without constantly whining and moaning about how horrible it is. The other 20% flock to this site...perhaps we should assist them in relocating the nearest interstate on-ramp? As I've always said, 95 and 75 go right back to those rusty, decaying, freezing cold hellholes that they fled in the first place...
and SW with their nice cheap airfares which makes it possible for me to go back numerous times a year until I can retire in a few years and finally leave permanently. Done that road trip several times. No, thank you.

Also from now on, we are going North for the Holidays. I think both my daughters have had enough of coming to Florida for Christmas. They don't want to be here then. Neither do I.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM
 
Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 810,847 times
Reputation: 202
The heat doesn't bother me. Tornadoes bother me and it seems like this July was a constant Tornado alley for Florida. Now, none of the ones I saw were in the EF5 category like the Midwest can get, but still. I can't deal with tornadoes.

It only stays light out until 8pm in the summer in Florida? Geez, that's nothing....The sun setting at 9:30pm sucks worse.
Quick reply to this message
 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top