Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,188 times

Advertisements

southeast florida no question....but bring a LOT of money and a few self help books to deal with all the nonsense and shenanigans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM

113 posts, read 517,295 times
Thanks Everyone for your opinions. I came to South Carolina from Ct. married but will be leaving it divorced. While I like South Carolina for many reasons non-church going liberals are a serious minority here and my outlook for finding like minded people are low. It's hard to find friends here I can relate to. Don't get me wrong the people are nice and all but just different.I will be looking to rent a condo as I don't want any responsibilities for a while and I want the flexibility to move to another location if I find I want to. God I wish I didn't buy a house and just rented! I also think the real estate market won't be heading up for a couple more years. My sister bought a condo in Bradenton and will be living there as soon as her house in Ct. sells. This is her 3rd go on the market. So it may be a while. While I liked her area. Bradenton-Sarasota. I kind of felt the Atlantic side may be more me. I have only gone as far south as Daytona. I have never been to the Miami-Palm Beach-Ft. Lauderdale area. I would be looking for a 1 bed 1 bath place in a safe area for under $750 a month if possible.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:03 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Not entirely...Tallahassee is more moderate (some would say liberal) and chock full of sexually frsutrated single thirty-something females...

When I lived here in my 30's, it was the Happy Hunting Ground.
I guess Tallahassee IS part of the Panhandle , although I personally dont consider it a part -- its what i would call more 'northern Florida' . Yes...the word 'liberal and single' does conjur up ideas of sexual hedonism but tied to that of course are the ramifications of 33 circulating STD's of which 2 are fatal and shared amongst some 40,000,000 + american adults (not including the emotional fallout of being used for a night when it finally registers with the woman , or man). Being 'a liberal Single' in todays culture often comes at a high price ... and its too bad our Media that glamorizes sexual hedonism as ones right, doesnt wish to tell the whole story. Its called the Dumbing-down of America ... but hey, having FUN is the ultimate purpose of life to a large percentage of the American populus. Sadly.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I guess Tallahassee IS part of the Panhandle , although I personally dont consider it a part -- its what i would call more 'northern Florida' . Yes...the word 'liberal and single' does conjur up ideas of sexual hedonism but tied to that of course are the ramifications of 33 circulating STD's of which 2 are fatal and shared amongst some 40,000,000 + american adults (not including the emotional fallout of being used for a night when it finally registers with the woman , or man). Being 'a liberal Single' in todays culture often comes at a high price ... and its too bad our Media that glamorizes sexual hedonism as ones right, doesnt wish to tell the whole story. Its called the Dumbing-down of America ... but hey, having FUN is the ultimate purpose of life to a large percentage of the American populus. Sadly.
I was thinking of liberal more in terms of I can't stand Rush Limbaugh,Sean Hannity, and George Bush. Also that I don't go to church or believe in the Bible. Not that I am looking for an orgy or anything. Just looking for an area where people are not so close minded. Somewhere culturally diverse and where any and all beliefs and political outlooks are tolerated. One of our salesmen here that has North Carolina and Virginia had to take off his Obama bumper sticker because he got harassed so much! A few customers told him they wouldn't buy from him if he was a Obama supporter. I kid you not!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:50 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I would recommend leaving... try Atlanta if you must remain in the region.
Why? So you can fall in love with a stripper named "chocolate" in one of Atlanta's hundreds of strip clubs/cabarets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker Dave View Post
Orlando
So you can impress women with your awesome Disney Career and live in a cookie cutter neighborhood an hour and a half from the coast?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

I would say Ft. Lauderdale. Even though I am far from my 40's, I would love to live there when I reach that age. Lots of boats, bikes, babes, etc. in Lauderdale. That's what I love. And it is not nearly as chaotic, rude, and obnoxiously diverse as Miami or even Orlando.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:49 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote: "Just looking for an area where people are not so close minded. Somewhere culturally diverse and where any and all beliefs and political outlooks are tolerated.''

1. The term 'Not so closed minded' translates to the freedom to live as how one chooses without regard to high standards of morality and ethical behaviour...unless one feels like it (and looking at the vast moral degradation in America...not many feel like it.) . It affords the person maximum liberty to live as he/she chooses (with narcissism and hedonism being the underlying MO) .

2. The term ' where any and all beliefs are tolerated' sounds palatable and righteous except translated it means an apathy and hostility toward (godly) time honored and true values/morals/and ethics which the actual Founders of this Nation knew was best for future American generations. In addition, it forbids tolerance toward any Group of People that declare these high set of standards as non-negotiable (which they need to be for a civil and caring society to endure ). Therefore , todays tolerance philosophy is nothing more than a twisted disguise of INtolerance which serves to encourage its Adherrants to live anyway they choose . Additionally, its a hypocritical philosophy because the person demands to live according to his/her own set of (adopted) relative standards...yet the same person EXPECTS others to treat them with the highest of absolute morals and ethics -- all the time and in every situation .

The dumbing-down of America ; a slick counterfiet which most cannot or refuse to acknowledge because it cuts at ones willful rebellious heart-strings. (End).

Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 PM

7 posts, read 44,992 times
Wow dude he just wanted some input on where would be cool to live. Not learn about the "dumbing down of America"

Old 06-11-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Quote: "Just looking for an area where people are not so close minded. Somewhere culturally diverse and where any and all beliefs and political outlooks are tolerated.''

1. The term 'Not so closed minded' translates to the freedom to live as how one chooses without regard to high standards of morality and ethical behaviour...unless one feels like it (and looking at the vast moral degradation in America...not many feel like it.) . It affords the person maximum liberty to live as he/she chooses (with narcissism and hedonism being the underlying MO) .

2. The term ' where any and all beliefs are tolerated' sounds palatable and righteous except translated it means an apathy and hostility toward (godly) time honored and true values/morals/and ethics which the actual Founders of this Nation knew was best for future American generations. In addition, it forbids tolerance toward any Group of People that declare these high set of standards as non-negotiable (which they need to be for a civil and caring society to endure ). Therefore , todays tolerance philosophy is nothing more than a twisted disguise of INtolerance which serves to encourage its Adherrants to live anyway they choose . Additionally, its a hypocritical philosophy because the person demands to live according to his/her own set of (adopted) relative standards...yet the same person EXPECTS others to treat them with the highest of absolute morals and ethics -- all the time and in every situation .

The dumbing-down of America ; a slick counterfiet which most cannot or refuse to acknowledge because it cuts at ones willful rebellious heart-strings. (End).

This lecture is a perfect example of what I don't want.

People that look at you like your a Satanist sacrificing children because you would rather go to the gym on sunday instead of church!

I really think I will have to investigate the Ft. Lauderdale area more . I wonder if there are any safe affordable areas around there.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:21 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:

I guess someone couldn't resist their compulsion to preach.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:35 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker Dave View Post
Orlando
I find this very surprising. I live in Winter Park and it seems like Orlando's dating scene is particularly young catering mostly to the teenagers and the early-mid 20's crowd. I 'd check out the gulf coast and areas like st.pete and even ft. myers. I was just there the last few days out at a few bars and the crowd seemed 30's/40's and noticably friendlier than in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida