U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2009, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 30,434 times
Default Safest place to live in South Florida?

My daughter and her boyfriend are moving to South Florida next month, what is the safest area to look for affordable housing? He will be working in the Lake Worth area and they were considering moving there. But from what I've read here Lake Worth sounds too rough.

My daughter is a bartender here, so I'm certain that she'll look for a bartending job when they get settled. We don't know the area at all and what looks good to us, may be a disaster in the making.

Any suggestions you have would be so helpful and appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 AM

8,377 posts, read 20,075,059 times
Wellington.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM

30 posts, read 71,221 times
When I first moved to Florida I lived in Lake Worth, in a gated community with a guard, on a golf course with a country club and it was beautiful there. But when I drove in certian parts of Lake Worth, there were alot of areas not so nice. I say this because that is the way alot of areas on the east coast of Florida are. Just make sure they check out the areas before they move in.

I lived in Deerfield and Boca, both have safe places to live. I've had friends in Wellington, Delray, and Boynton Beach all close enough to Lake Worth all safe areas.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 30,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vystra View Post
My daughter and her boyfriend are moving to South Florida next month, what is the safest area to look for affordable housing? He will be working in the Lake Worth area and they were considering moving there. But from what I've read here Lake Worth sounds too rough.

My daughter is a bartender here, so I'm certain that she'll look for a bartending job when they get settled. We don't know the area at all and what looks good to us, may be a disaster in the making.

Lake worth is not a good area at all! I lived near there for 10 yrs. Your daughter would be happy in northpalm beach, palmbeach gardens, juno beach or jupiter. All are safe and nice, still close to lakeworth

Old 11-15-2009, 12:32 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,409,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vystra View Post

Boca Raton is generally the nicest area of Palm Beach County, especially the eastern and central neighborhoods. Western Boca Raton has more affordable housing, however, and is still very safe.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM
PGQ

5 posts, read 38,770 times
Wellington and Boca can be expensive. You can get better deals in Boynton and Delray. You get what you pay for but if you don't have any kids and schools to worry about I'd look in Boynton or Delray.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 AM

14,667 posts, read 15,916,054 times
Wellington, Royal Palm, Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, West Boynton, West Delray, Boca.

Southend West Palm Beach (east of Federal highway) and believe it or not, but Northern Lake Worth (College Park areas) are also good areas to live in.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:36 PM

1,867 posts, read 2,870,536 times
Since I live in Wellington I would inclined to say it's a great choice but it's not what it use to be by any means and there are some areas you should avoid here. "Safer" maybe but not Mayberry by any means.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 AM

7,902 posts, read 5,315,948 times
Safest place to live in South Florida?

North Florida.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 AM

3,369 posts, read 7,409,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Safest place to live in South Florida?

North Florida.
Nah. Most of South Florida is perfectly safe and much of it is quite nice, especially the coastal areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida