Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,176,224 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you but my daily life revolves around leaving my 72 degree home to my 72 degree car to my 72 degree office.

And on the weekends, if I want to do an outdoor activity, I do it in the mornings or evenings and go in my 72 degree car and go to a 72 degree place when it gets too hot.

And besides, if you want to go outside when it's 95 with 90% humidity, just don't wear a lot of clothes and a hat. Wear sandals, shorts, and a t-shirt or no shirt!

I tired of reading the complaints. Florida is hot. If you don't like it, move to Maine or just read above and do what most people do.

Florida can be 72 degrees all year long if you want it to be.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 07:58 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,850,089 times
I wish I were in Florida today...

The Heat Index for Nashville today is 105 degrees...

Old 06-19-2009, 08:06 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,959,982 times
People will complain about anything. Especially the weather in the local they live. I always say, if you dont like it, then move. Its that easy.

I love the FL heat.

G Man

Old 06-19-2009, 08:16 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,546,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
just don't wear a lot of clothes and a hat. Wear sandals, shorts, and a t-shirt or no shirt!
I hear ya on this...wish the lovely ladies would take heed of your wise advice re: shorts and no tops!!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:59 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,732,326 times
Quote:
I don't know about you but my daily life revolves around leaving my 72 degree home to my 72 degree car to my 72 degree office.

And on the weekends, if I want to do an outdoor activity, I do it in the mornings or evenings and go in my 72 degree car and go to a 72 degree place when it gets too hot.

And besides, if you want to go outside when it's 95 with 90% humidity, just don't wear a lot of clothes and a hat. Wear sandals, shorts, and a t-shirt or no shirt!

I tired of reading the complaints. Florida is hot. If you don't like it, move to Maine or just read above and do what most people do.

The most bizarre thing is, they complain after moving here.
Where exactly did they think they were moving? They made, at least for them, a bad decision and want us to feel guilty about it because they are not happy in Florida. Who cares, I like it here. Florida is like a tropical island with all the amenities. Fishing, boating, diving, water sking. A tropical climate year round. If someone didn't know what the weather was here before they moved here, tough. People are always wanting to blame someone else for their bad decisions. No one is asking them to love Florida, just get the he!! out of here if they are not happy but leave us to the life we enjoy. Is that too much to ask?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 38,893,805 times
I agree, and it doesn't bother me much at all. I also have found, that if one will actually SPEND some time outside working up a really good sweat, that they adapt to the heat quite well, and actually feel good - sweating gets out toxins from the body. I keep my AC at 80 with ceiling fans going and only drop it to 77 at night. Also, living near Sarasota Bay there is always a mild breeze, it usually doesn't get much over 90, maybe 92 here. And the thunderstorms in the evening really cool things off.

Bottom line, for ME, there are much worse places to be in the summer - I was in St Louis one summer and it was over 100 degrees with a thick black haze - really ugly and intolerable. Was in Paso Robles, CA one summer where it was 100 or more and almost passed out from that hot dry heat with no breeze.

Yup, weather here suits me just fine, and I think many people are really surprised when they finally do come here to Florida to find that it is not nearly as bad as the exaggerators on this forum make it sound. But for those that really do hate it, there are plenty of other states and countries to choose from - just pick one and go!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:28 AM

558 posts, read 1,829,402 times
Quote:

You are saying that the heat and humidity are not bad all the while running an air conditioning unit nonstop everywhere you go, lol.

TURN OFF YOUR AC for a couple weeks (during the summer) and then say the heat and humidity are not bad.

Anyways, thanks for the chuckle logybogy. People who truly like heat and humidity do not run air conditioners nonstop.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,384,023 times
logy, your right. Especially the out of state malcontents (OSM) who keep complaining about it after they've left.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:37 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,609,219 times
Do NOT buy a car with leather interior if you live in Florida. Park under trees if at all possible. Do NOT leave your car sitting in direct sunlight for 8 hours while you are at work. Wear protective hand covering while attempting to enter said car to avoid 3rd degree burns.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:42 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,384,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Do NOT buy a car with leather interior if you live in Florida. Park under trees if at all possible. Do NOT leave your car sitting in direct sunlight for 8 hours while you are at work. Wear protective hand covering while attempting to enter said car to avoid 3rd degree burns.
Or just pay a little bit of money to get tint. But why do that when it gets in the way of your misery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida