Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 AM

232 posts, read 886,452 times

Advertisements

I found this information on neighborhoodwatch.com and found interesting. The criteria was based on the 6 things most parents are looking for..low crime, good schools, single family homes etc. The top ten towns were
1 Windemere
2.Boca Raton
3.Winter Springs
4.Key Biscayne
5.Longwood
6Orange Park
7. Fort Lauderdale (chiefly west of the Florida turnpike)
8.Jupiter
9.Oviedo
10.Naples

So, does anyone live in or near these areas? I would like to get more information from personal people instead of just statistics. The areas I considered were Oviedo, Boca Raton or Naples( I know Naples is quite expensive) and for others thinking about moving down with families I hope this helps. Sherry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 01:18 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedav View Post
I found this information on neighborhoodwatch.com and found interesting. The criteria was based on the 6 things most parents are looking for..low crime, good schools, single family homes etc. The top ten towns were
1 Windemere
2.Boca Raton
3.Winter Springs
4.Key Biscayne
5.Longwood
6Orange Park
7. Fort Lauderdale (chiefly west of the Florida turnpike)
8.Jupiter
9.Oviedo
10.Naples

So, does anyone live in or near these areas? I would like to get more information from personal people instead of just statistics. The areas I considered were Oviedo, Boca Raton or Naples( I know Naples is quite expensive) and for others thinking about moving down with families I hope this helps. Sherry
I am not totally familiar with all of them but they all seem to have one thing in common. They are very expensive.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:07 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
OMG, Macguy, that's exactly what I was thinking when I was going down the list. Totally unaffordable for us that's for sure.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:40 PM

perhaps that is why the crime is low???? More homeowners? It says on the site that the price ranges vary that is why I was wanting information from anyone who lives in or near them. the site is http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/med...ldren-2005.jsp for anyone interested in how the data was collected.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM

467 posts, read 1,691,297 times
Quote:
perhaps that is why the crime is low???? More homeowners? It says on the site that the price ranges vary that is why I was wanting information from anyone who lives in or near them. the site is http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/med...ldren-2005.jsp for anyone interested in how the data was collected.
I live in Oviedo. schools are good, crime is low, it is a very family town. seminole county in general is good schools, etc. prices go from around the 250k (some a little less) to a mill. or so in oviedo. good police, emergency services and code enforcement. good public works and street upkeep programs, etc. plenty of activities for kids. I'm surprised lake mary isn't on the list.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:38 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
I wouldn't raise kids on Key Biscayne.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:48 PM

Curt thanks a bunch! Anybody else got any suggestions?? I agree Doggiebus, key biscayne was definitely not one of my choices.
Where exactly is Lake mary?? How is the weather in Oviedo in the winter is it similar to SWF?

Old 01-28-2007, 03:57 PM

467 posts, read 1,691,297 times
Quote:
Curt thanks a bunch! Anybody else got any suggestions?? I agree Doggiebus, key biscayne was definitely not one of my choices.
Where exactly is Lake mary?? How is the weather in Oviedo in the winter is it similar to SWF?
lake mary is in seminole county. the weather in oviedo in the winter in general is 72 during the day and 40 or so at night with an occassional cold front passing through. its probably colder here in the winter than in swf. we kind of have spring and summer. a short spring and a long summer. i measure winter in days.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:44 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,304 times
i tried neigborhoodwatch.com and nothing? what gives

Old 01-28-2007, 05:52 PM

AJ67 hum....Did you type the link I gave? I got it off of the URL on the bottom of the page I printed out. How I found it to begin with was I googled
top florida raise family town and it was about 5 on the list on the google search. hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida