Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 PM

42 posts, read 139,491 times

Advertisements

I'm Canadian but with American Roots on my Father's side. My Grandfather was American and my Great Grandma was Native American(Cherokee).
My Father was offered a Dual Citizenship when he was a young boy, but refused it.
I would like to be able to move to Florida(Kissimmee area) and work the Flea markets there. I would hire American's to run the boothes for me.
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
You realize Flea Markets are only open 1 day a week,
not sure what you will be selling but most flea market stalls dont make a whole lot of money..The way America is shaping up these days you may be better off staying in Canada.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:58 PM

Osceola Flea and Farmers Market
192 Flea Market (Outlet) in Kissimmee, Orlando Florida
These are just a couple in Kissimmee, FL and the one is open 3 days a week and the other one is open 7 days a week. We went there last year and most are open 3 days(Fri,Sat,Sun).
I'm trying to get away from the winter's here, I can't take the cold.

We vacation in Florida every year and love it there(the cost of living,gas prices and taxes are so low). Minimum wage went up to 10 dollars per hour just to servive.

I Thank you for your reply.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoplnan View Post
Osceola Flea and Farmers Market
192 Flea Market (Outlet) in Kissimmee, Orlando Florida
These are just a couple in Kissimmee, FL and the one is open 3 days a week and the other one is open 7 days a week. We went there last year and most are open 3 days(Fri,Sat,Sun).
I'm trying to get away from the winter's here, I can't take the cold.

We vacation in Florida every year and love it there(the cost of living,gas prices and taxes are so low). Minimum wage went up to 10 dollars per hour just to servive.

I Thank you for your reply.

In the US minimum wage is at 7.25/hr. Flea markets arent really big down here as they are in other States.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Hope it works out as it sounds a lot more interesting than going to a factory every day.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 AM

I've been working in a factory for the last 21 years, but there is no pension and our shares have dropped way down, so not mush in the retirement area. Every year we go down to Kissimmee/Orlando area we visit the Flea Markets there and they are always full. We talked to a few of the vender's and they all said they made a comfortable living. They say there are a few slow days, but the busy days make up for it. If you budget your money it is well worth the venture.

You are your own boss, work the days and hours you want, take vacations when you want.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:42 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Com'on down. You'll love it!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Thanks Ken, if only it were that easy. You know our 2 Countries fight side-by-side in every major war and yet they both put up walls when it comes to moving there or here. They let in all the one's we went to war against thou. Go figure.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoplnan View Post
Thanks Ken, if only it were that easy. You know our 2 Countries fight side-by-side in every major war and yet they both put up walls when it comes to moving there or here. They let in all the one's we went to war against thou. Go figure.
Excuse me, but your country doesn't just let Americans in, either. You better think long and hard about this. You can't just move here and start working. You hae to get a work visa. We don't have health insurance like you do. If you have to be hospitalized in America you will be sunk. I have a lot of family that are Canadian citizens and they wouldn't move to America on a bet.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:33 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
We just had a girl from Ontario come down to visit for a few day's and she was ready to leave after 4 days. I think it was the heat that bothered her the most. She said that as pretty as some things are here it's nothing that she would give up her life in Canada for. I guess, some people like the heat, some don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: