Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:38 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,924,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And not many like what you like either!

Wow, quoting a thread started by someone ( happens to be your mom who was banned once for posting negatives under Hockeymom72 and that name still shows BANNED ) who hates Florida with a passion.

Sorry to tell you Rachael but that thread is useless because it only is based on a select few people who even took the time to read it.

Then the wording jealous is also a strong word that can be misunderstood.

I am not jealous of anyone, in fact I feel great for those people who have been able to enjoy life in paradise. I feel sorry for those who either failed, struggled, did not make it, do not like it, should not have moved to Florida in the first place, or any other thought you want.

I would venture to say that if you asked the entire state of Florida and did not leave anyone out that they would say they are not jealous of anyone who is stupid enough to live in the cold and that they enjoy living in Florida.

See most people who have their act together enjoy living in Florida or they would not be there.

Now the topic was anyone move out and move back, it is easy to see that many, many posters on this board who moved out have repeated it over and over they either should not have left or cannot wait to get back.

But since your mom is miserable in Florida and you want to defend her every post those of us who believe Florida is the place to live will just kinda ignore those who have some problems.

This is a positive thread and whether you like it or not, I would bet you could ask people off the street would you rather live in cold New York or beautiful warm Florida and the answer would be by far of course FLORIDA.

Gosh, be a good daughter and talk to your Dad and get your mom out of there. I know if my mom was having problems and my dad could not see it I would be all over it myself.

No one should be forced to live in a place where they hate it so much that they are blind.

For someone who loves the cold like she does why on earth would anyone take any job in a state they hated before they even got there is beyond me.

She has posted that he had offers in many others states and took the one in Florida.

Yet another one of those people who MADE A HUGE MISTAKE by moving to Florida in the first place and now want to bash it when it was entirely there own fault for making a poor decision.

Its not Florida's fault your mom hates it, its your mom and dads fault for making a poor decision in the first place.

If Florida was that bad you would not see ALL of these people moving back now would you?

Wow, way to jump to conclusions about my entire family. My dad didn't know he wouldn't like it down there. He had been out of work after 9/11 and needed a job ASAP. Anyone in his position would have taken the first job offer. He was paying for my college and a house on Long island. It was very unselfish what he did. Why don't you mind your own business and realize that people don't all have the same lives and opportunities as others?

Old 04-04-2009, 06:41 PM

831 posts, read 2,436,537 times
Quote:
And not many like what you like either!

Wow, quoting a thread started by someone ( happens to be your mom who was banned once for posting negatives under Hockeymom72 and that name still shows BANNED ) who hates Florida with a passion.

Sorry to tell you Rachael but that thread is useless because it only is based on a select few people who even took the time to read it.

Then the wording jealous is also a strong word that can be misunderstood.

I am not jealous of anyone, in fact I feel great for those people who have been able to enjoy life in paradise. I feel sorry for those who either failed, struggled, did not make it, do not like it, should not have moved to Florida in the first place, or any other thought you want.

I would venture to say that if you asked the entire state of Florida and did not leave anyone out that they would say they are not jealous of anyone who is stupid enough to live in the cold and that they enjoy living in Florida.

See most people who have their act together enjoy living in Florida or they would not be there.

Now the topic was anyone move out and move back, it is easy to see that many, many posters on this board who moved out have repeated it over and over they either should not have left or cannot wait to get back.

But since your mom is miserable in Florida and you want to defend her every post those of us who believe Florida is the place to live will just kinda ignore those who have some problems.

This is a positive thread and whether you like it or not, I would bet you could ask people off the street would you rather live in cold New York or beautiful warm Florida and the answer would be by far of course FLORIDA.

Gosh, be a good daughter and talk to your Dad and get your mom out of there. I know if my mom was having problems and my dad could not see it I would be all over it myself.

No one should be forced to live in a place where they hate it so much that they are blind.

For someone who loves the cold like she does why on earth would anyone take any job in a state they hated before they even got there is beyond me.

She has posted that he had offers in many others states and took the one in Florida.

Yet another one of those people who MADE A HUGE MISTAKE by moving to Florida in the first place and now want to bash it when it was entirely there own fault for making a poor decision.

Its not Florida's fault your mom hates it, its your mom and dads fault for making a poor decision in the first place.

If Florida was that bad you would not see ALL of these people moving back now would you?

I think you should take your own advice. Talk to your in laws tell them how miserable you are and you made a huge mistake moving 27 years ago to the cold and have to get back to Florida. After all you said in your own posts if your that miserable just move and do something about it.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Wow, way to jump to conclusions about my entire family. My dad didn't know he wouldn't like it down there. He had been out of work after 9/11 and needed a job ASAP. Anyone in his position would have taken the first job offer. He was paying for my college and a house on Long island. It was very unselfish what he did. Why don't you mind your own business and realize that people don't all have the same lives and opportunities as others?

Rachael the same exact situation happened to a friend of mine. He couldn't find a job after 9-11 and the very first one that came in was in Melbourne Florida (this was after trying for 6 months) He is greatful for the job but absolutely hates Florida.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:48 PM

360 posts, read 1,908,692 times
You must have me confused, I don't care one way or the other if someone likes or dislikes the place they live. Just saying if things are so bad, you make a change for the better to someplace you like? That is what we all should do. Also, Florida is not unknown to me, I have been there before and my aunt lived there for over 30 years before moving back up here once she was getting older to be closer to family. That was about 10 years ago. Talked to her recently and she said she'd move back down there in a heartbeat and misses it in SW FL and if it wasn't for her health failing her, she'd be down there right now.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,924,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
Rachael the same exact situation happened to a friend of mine. He couldn't find a job after 9-11 and the very first one that came in was in Melbourne Florida (this was after trying for 6 months) He is greatful for the job but absolutely hates Florida.

Yeah..when you have a house to pay off, a family to care for, and a kid to put through college, you'll take a job anywhere. Sunny days doesn't seem to comprehend that. Also the fact that a lot of people just can't pick up and move when they own 2 houses in an area where real estate sales are way down.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:58 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Now we have got to 22 pages on people who moved back to Florida!!!

When someone effects someone else's life by posting faults about a state when the fault is really there own it is my business.

Do you know how many people read and trust peoples word and may not move to a state because many people post things that are simply not true?

You are well aware of the poster who is the perfect example of this.

Live in Florida, moved to the NE. Hated the NE, posted pictures of the snow and ice and how much they cannot wait to get back to Florida.

Lasted in NE one winter, blamed the job market, the people, the state for taxes and wanted to move so bad they posted even on the road back to Florida.

Got to Florida and made tons of mistake, bragged how they stole a 400 house for almost nothing, bought the home they could not afford in the first place, picked the wrong town, wrong schools etc.

Thought they were going to steal the parents business out from under them for a job and that did not work out, could not find a job in apartment management in Florida and ended up going broke.

Blasted the state, the people, the schools, the crime, the town, the taxes ( when taxes was the reason he left the NE and went back to the same area!!! ) blamed and blasted the state because he could not find a job in his field.

Then went on to posting how he hated Florida and could not wait to get back to the NE.

I read backwards and old post to get an idea of things and found this poster to be a perfect example of how someone screwed up themselves but blamed everything and everyone for his failures.

Most ( not all ) people who move to Florida like this poster did wanted a free ride, easy life and when they fail, its not there fault, its everyone else's fault.

When I move to Florida and if I pick the wrong town, schools, house, pay to much for a house and want to leave it will be my fault, MY FAULT.

I will take total blame if we fail in Florida, but you know what, we wont fail.
We will do just fine in Florida.

So how can someone coming here for advice even trust the negatives when you see posted like the one above totally full of bull and dishonesty?

Sure some people have a hard time when they move anywhere new, but to purposely post about not moving to a place when they screwed it up themselves is plain dishonesty and not fair.

I guarantee you when we get to Florida and if we made the mistake of picking the wrong town it will be our fault, not yours, not the states, ours totally.

And you wont see me on here lying about my mistakes and blaming others.

We will find our town in paradise despite the crap that is posted here. We are smart enough to know every town has its negative, but give me a break, most of the Florida haters would not be happy if you put them on an island by themselves.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Yeah..when you have a house to pay off, a family to care for, and a kid to put through college, you'll take a job anywhere. Sunny days doesn't seem to comprehend that. Also the fact that a lot of people just can't pick up and move when they own 2 houses in an area where real estate sales are way down.
I comprehend that very well, we have 4 houses and kids who want to go to college and would not move to a place I know none of us would be happy from the start. I would work two jobs for less money if I had to instead of moving my family to a place I KNOW we would not be happy.

Not when other offers come through and you had a chance to go somewhere else.

For instance if I were offered a job making 300k per year but I had to move to Alaska, I would not accept it even if I had no job here I would not.

Should have sold the houses before the market went down and are you telling me that NY real estate market is bad then?

We will be picking up and moving with 4 houses if we have to, we are going to Florida no matter what. If we sell them or not we are going to Florida.

We will probably keep the two rentals and sell the other two homes. And no we are not buried butt deep in them and will not be greedy and wait out to make a small fortune on them.

When the time is right, we are gone.

Just like a way you keep stating that they had no choice, I feel I have no choice but to get my kids where the sun shines and allow them to have a life and do the things they enjoy. My kids cannot stand the cold and cannot wait to get to Florida.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
I will be moving back because of family reasons and will be glad to get out of this cold . I did not know I had it so good . my bones hurt constantly here and am uncomfortable here all the time . I will be glad to get back to florida and happy to do it as well .

Old 04-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Oh how you love to twist things. Its not 22 pages of people who moved back I think most pages are your posts challenging what someone has to say.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,331 times
Quote:
Now we have got to 22 pages on people who moved back to Florida!!
No offense, But how many of these posts are actual people moving and how many are just a bunch of crap that's mostly people fighting back and forth ?

You've posted 22 times in this thread which is enough posts for almost 2 and a half pages alone.

What's your point ? Seriously ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida