U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:22 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,259,891 times

Advertisements

You are overstating the facts. Certainly 3/4 of the population are properly licensed drivers. Maybe 1/4 fit the bill that you state.

As stated by others, most of the people in Spring Hill are from NY, NJ, MI.
When I drive in NYC its nice because I find people drive more civilzed there. They signal, they let you in the traffic flow even the worse traffic jams. Hey, thats my experience.

I certainly don't know where you get your information, but it is certainly way way off base. Could you imagine how busy the sheriff's office would be if 3/4 of the people werent properly licensed? To see 8 cars make a U turn at that intersection would require someone to be standing there waiting and counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
I'm originally from New Jersey, which they say have some of the worst drivers in the USA. Here in Spring Hill, Fl. I think that 3/4 of the population are driving on suspended licenses or revoked, due to other factors, such as DUI, violation of probation, speeding, not paying tickets.

This past Dec. as I sat at a traffic light minding my own business, I was hit from behind by a senior citizen (78) with a revoked license, she didn't realize she hit me, got pissed when I told her to pull over and get her car off the road, she was rambling on and on about her previous accidents (three in 6 months) and told me she has black-outs. This is what is on the road in Florida. She told the officer, just give me my tickets so I can go home and feed my dog. He wouldn't let her drive and had a hard time finding someone to come get this women. She paid her ticket $139.00 for careless driving and could have cared less, she refuses to stay off the road, I see her driving all over Spring Hill.......she will continue to drive no matter what, and its possible the next time she may kill someone or herself.

Drivers here do not use turn signals, have cars without back lights, they make U-turns where they're not suppose to, I watched 8 cars the other day at the intersection of Mariner Blvd and SHD, signs all over No U-turns and I watched 8 cars do exactly that. They just don't care, whatever is more convenient for them.

Welcome to Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 07:38 AM

8,964 posts, read 6,268,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring hillian View Post
you are overstating the facts. Certainly 3/4 of the population are properly licensed drivers. Maybe 1/4 fit the bill that you state.

As stated by others, most of the people in spring hill are from ny, nj, mi.
when i drive in nyc its nice because i find people drive more civilzed there. They signal, they let you in the traffic flow even the worse traffic jams. hey, thats my experience.

I certainly don't know where you get your information, but it is certainly way way off base. Could you imagine how busy the sheriff's office would be if 3/4 of the people werent properly licensed? To see 8 cars make a u turn at that intersection would require someone to be standing there waiting and counting.

hahaha!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,791,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
hahaha!
Actually they do, so go and visit before you laugh.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:08 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,169,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You are overstating the facts. Certainly 3/4 of the population are properly licensed drivers. Maybe 1/4 fit the bill that you state.

As stated by others, most of the people in Spring Hill are from NY, NJ, MI.
When I drive in NYC its nice because I find people drive more civilzed there. They signal, they let you in the traffic flow even the worse traffic jams. Hey, thats my experience.

I certainly don't know where you get your information, but it is certainly way way off base. Could you imagine how busy the sheriff's office would be if 3/4 of the people werent properly licensed? To see 8 cars make a U turn at that intersection would require someone to be standing there waiting and counting.
On a average day/night there are 31 arrests in Hernando Cty, now if all 31 people get probation and don't pay fines etc. their license is suspended until such fines are paid and don't forget court costs in the last three days there have been 84 arrests, check my figures if you must ........hence, it could be that 3/4 of population could be driving on suspended lincense. And the 8 cars I saw at the intersection of SHD and Mariner Blvd, I was sitting in the Shell station waiting for someone to get gas and observed 8 cars making illegal turns, in fact, 3 of them hit the curb while turning because its narrow and anyone with a larger car can't property make the turn without hitting the curb.

Got it now, Frank.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:19 PM

What are all these arrests about?

It is actually about 25 percent of people in the state of FL that drive with no insurance.

What I am more concerned about is how many women were raped, how many people were held up at gunpoint on the street, how many homes were broken into, how many home invasions there were, how many murders there were, how many bank robberies there was, ya know, real crimes.

Having a joint and a pack of rolling papers isn't much of a crime in my eyes. either is making an illegal U-Turn. Not Frank. Actually
the name is Harold. Harold Goldfarber. Nice to meet you.

Quote:
On a average day/night there are 31 arrests in Hernando Cty, now if all 31 people get probation and don't pay fines etc. their license is suspended until such fines are paid and don't forget court costs in the last three days there have been 84 arrests, check my figures if you must ........hence, it could be that 3/4 of population could be driving on suspended lincense. And the 8 cars I saw at the intersection of SHD and Mariner Blvd, I was sitting in the Shell station waiting for someone to get gas and observed 8 cars making illegal turns, in fact, 3 of them hit the curb while turning because its narrow and anyone with a larger car can't property make the turn without hitting the curb.

Got it now, Frank.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:22 PM

You must have had an awfully long wait at that Shell station.
They don't sell gas. Its a quik lube place.

Quote:

Got it now, Frank.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
hahaha!

Which point are you mocking? The Fl part of the NYC part? When was the last time you drove in NYC? For me, two different visits in October this year. That was not the only time I had a decent time driving in NYC on the highways. The streets are something else though.
No where else have I ever been where you are just going with the flow of traffic, the person in front of you comes to a dead stop, puts it in Park and walks away. Its called "double parking".

Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Which point are you mocking? The Fl part of the NYC part? When was the last time you drove in NYC? For me, two different visits in October this year. That was not the only time I had a decent time driving in NYC on the highways. The streets are something else though.
No where else have I ever been where you are just going with the flow of traffic, the person in front of you comes to a dead stop, puts it in Park and walks away. Its called "double parking".

Oh, I totally agree with you. The thing I find funny is that you are complaining about the drivers in FL (which I can agree with you on) but you live in Spring Hill, right? So living in Spring Hill and complaining about drivers there and then saying how much better the drivers are in NYC strikes me kind of odd. Dont you know where most people in Spring Hill are from? LOL!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Oh, I totally agree with you. The thing I find funny is that you are complaining about the drivers in FL (which I can agree with you on) but you live in Spring Hill, right? So living in Spring Hill and complaining about drivers there and then saying how much better the drivers are in NYC strikes me kind of odd. Dont you know where most people in Spring Hill are from? LOL!

Yes, of course most of the Spring Hill residents are from NY area.

I dont think that the drivers are any better or any worse in the Spring Hill area than anywhere else. I find that in NYC though people are more curteous on the road than here. Not all. But I can think of 2 separate situations on the Belt Parkway where I had to get into STALLED traffic and each time I was allowed "in".

Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, of course most of the Spring Hill residents are from NY area.

I dont think that the drivers are any better or any worse in the Spring Hill area than anywhere else. I find that in NYC though people are more curteous on the road than here. Not all. But I can think of 2 separate situations on the Belt Parkway where I had to get into STALLED traffic and each time I was allowed "in".

Why do you think that is? Do you think the heat makes em crazy down here or something? I wonder why they seem to change when they get to FL (it's funny but not the first time I've heard about it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida