U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:21 PM

4,723 posts, read 12,394,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
they are comprised or compromised by non-floridians? It is so funny how we all play the blame game - how about this? Every state has some really bad drivers, no matter where they are originally from.
Yes, I know, however, remember the map with the state of Florida and NY with nothing in between?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,218,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Florida has bad drivers because:

#1. Our bad drivers are compromised of non Floridians.

#2. More retired drivers in need of cataract surgery.

#3. On your side of the state, many NY/NJ transplants who couldn't drive any better on route 80 than they're doing on I-95.

That's a very good conclusion as to why drivers in FL are so bad. These 3 items are big reasons. Add to that the foreigners who never drove/shouldnt be driving and move to FL and all of a sudden get a license.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,993,427 times
Ok - so, I'm to believe that without all NY/NJ drivers florida would be the perfect driving place? Come on guys you have to meet me half way on this one...

Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,209,160 times
Exactly Chelsa. If there weren't any NY or NJ drivers here then there wouldn't be ANY drivers.

Just kidding. Just kidding.

Quote:
Ok - so, I'm to believe that without all NY/NJ drivers florida would be the perfect driving place? Come on guys you have to meet me half way on this one...

Old 12-17-2009, 04:47 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,763,031 times
Quote:
There are many reasons we have so many bad drivers. Bad drivers come from all parts of this country, NY and NJ drivers aren't the only ones to blame. We have plenty of older drivers that retire here and drivers from other countries that are just as bad. Locals are also pretty bad at times too. All put together in one place you may get a higher percentage of bad driving habits, than other states.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
There are many reasons we have so many bad drivers. Bad drivers come from all parts of this country, NY and NJ drivers aren't the only ones to blame. We have plenty of older drivers that retire here and drivers from other countries that are just as bad. Locals are also pretty bad at times too. All put together in one place you may get a higher percentage of bad driving habits, than other states.
Exactly true. Watch out for mom, she lives in Palm Beach county has cataracts & is 84 (god bless her, had her birthday yesterday). She can't drive when it's sunny, can't drive at night, and barely can see over the dashboard of the '92 Lincoln.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,218,274 times
Quote:

No, of course not. I think driving in FL would be much better. But there are still people from all over that drive bad and decided to make FL their new home... it just so happens that many are from NY/NJ.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 PM

819 posts, read 1,248,842 times
All this talk about bad drivers had me thinking.

I'm far away from Florida, in southwest PA actually.

I attended West Va Univ. in Morgantown, which happened to have a large out of state population. If I saw something crazy while driving, they usually had NJ plates. Rarely did I see anything crazy on cars with NY plates.

A state I don't see mentioned is Maryland. Now those drivers are bad!

I notice all of the above things in Pennsylvania too.

A note to add...I lived in southwest FL at one time and I thought the snowbird midwestern drivers (IL, MI, OH) were alot worse on average than their northeastern counterparts.

Native Florida drivers?? Hard to tell since most the year round residents aren't natives either.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,993,427 times
LOL -I see your point Tally - I'm sure I will fall in to the same categories as the above posters when I get to florida LOL - It is easiest to play the blame game - I know I will probably see a bad drive and be like uggh they must be from NY - I will try not to do this!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:14 PM

Just returned from a weekend on the east coast of Florida.

From Alligator Alley to Boyton Beach (we're talking 595 & I95) the minimum speed was 75...and I was passed in the HOV lanes by people doing 95, I kid you not. Give 'em more lanes to play & everyone thinks they're Speed Racer.

So if you're tired of sitting in a parking lot on 41 between Hillview & Clark, go on over to the east coast & play in the real traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida