Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,882,982 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of moving to Daytona Beach, Florida next summer. We've been lots of times since 1999 (well, he used to live in Florida for a few years before coming here to Arizona).

I just wanted to know which apartments are the best there that is not very far from the beach (10 minutes or less)? And any good ones that accepts a small dog (like a Pug)??

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 07:29 PM

501 posts, read 1,881,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Daytona Beach, Florida next summer. We've been lots of times since 1999 (well, he used to live in Florida for a few years before coming here to Arizona).

I just wanted to know which apartments are the best there that is not very far from the beach (10 minutes or less)? And any good ones that accepts a small dog (like a Pug)??

Thanks.
Pretty vague, but I'll try. There is no doubt you will find what you're looking for. It all depends on your budget, situation and interests (besides beach).

Many apartments here usually cater to specific groups like retirees, working professionals, families, singles, students, etc. These are usually located on the major roadways in town, which are convenient to most things. Then there are rentals in quieter neighborhoods like in-law suites, guest houses or duplexes, etc.

Daytona area is very easy to get around, with very little congestion. Only time it gets "hairy" is during special events, but there are back roads most tourists don't use during these times.

A good place to start is to do a search for apartments or rentals online websites that include Daytona Beach area. Or check the Daytona News Journal and Pennysaver online classifieds (Don't know if the display ads will show up with special offers). Then when you come to town, you'll have some ideas before looking.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:46 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,882,982 times
Yeah, I've been to Daytona Beach about 6 times since 1999 (the last time was last year). I know all about the roads and such and the special events.

I've been doing online research on the apartments there. I just wanted a person-to-person idea of a good one, if they knew one. That's all. But thanks for info that I already knew.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:45 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,474 times
The Park at Countryside are pretty nice apartments. They accept pets under 30 pounds. It is located in Port Orange, which is about 3 miles south of Daytona and for a 2 bedroom the rent is approximately $800 a month. You would be about 10 to 15 minutes from the beach. There are also some nice places located along a road called Clyde Morris Boulevard. Some are less expensive, but most that I know of, will not take pets.

Nancy

Last edited by BioAdoptMom3; 07-12-2009 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: added something

Old 07-13-2009, 04:29 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Indigo Plantation off Williamson in Daytona
The Crowne on Williamson in Ormond Beach (next to new Hospital)

Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,042 times
Smile Hi Im a Newbie

Hi im new to this thread Im currently residing in Tallahassee Fl with my fiance Im 20 and he's 21 im currently in school taking up culinary arts and will be finish in nov by the middle of december we would like to move to Daytona Beach i would love some tips on great jobs and nice reasonable priced apartments that allow pets as i have a 3lb yorkiepoo. If there's anybody out there that know's some great spots hiring please let us know.
Looking 4ward to getting to kno everyone.

P.S. I would love to know about school also my next step is going to school to become a nurse.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:14 PM

288 posts, read 542,775 times
Look into "the overlook at daytona". It is 4 blocks from the beach on seabreeze blvd. It is totally remodelled and has granite kitchen tops and new GE appliances etc..it looks like a million dollar condo. Seabreeze blvd is the party destination in this tiny town..starting at the beach, there is a walgreens, several pubs/nightclubs with live music, restaurants, shops, wachovia bank, seven-eleven etc.
I recommend it but you should read the reviews at apartmentratings.com (some are total lies posted by somebody who had their car towed) I would warn against a noise problem...there are two buildings and busy seabreeze blvd runs between them. I would not live facing the street. Also, the units facing the intercostal have a slightly annoying "beep" sound anytime the garage gates are opened. Other than that it is great with controlled access, 24 hour video monitoring and several on site cops who live here. If you get a unit away from the street noise it would be nice. They are always running specials cause it is a large complex with lots of competition. They change the prices every week...one week they have a one bedroom for 600...the next week the same unit is 800....just watch their website which lists availibility and prices.

In the center of daytona beach there is a large 10 block area that is kind of old and run down and has lots of crackheads etc but just to the north or south of that it is very nice. (north of seabreeze and south of silver beach road) I have never felt unsafe while walking at 3am.

ps, i lived in the park at countryside apts in port orange for 2 years and it is more like 5 minutes to the beach, not 10-15 minutes. The actual distance is about 2 1/2 miles.

Also, if someone is on a tight budget, look at "the club in sugarmill" they have very nice new apts for like 500 a month provided you don't make more than 25,000 a year...it is some type of govt program that loans money to apt developers in exchange for them renting the units out at 2/3 of market value for 20 years...something like that. It is a few blocks from the intercostal and a mile from the ocean.

There are very few jobs in daytona right now

Last edited by johnnyboy2008; 09-23-2009 at 12:34 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 05:32 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMe23 View Post
Hi im new to this thread Im currently residing in Tallahassee Fl with my fiance Im 20 and he's 21 im currently in school taking up culinary arts and will be finish in nov by the middle of december we would like to move to Daytona Beach i would love some tips on great jobs and nice reasonable priced apartments that allow pets as i have a 3lb yorkiepoo. If there's anybody out there that know's some great spots hiring please let us know.
Looking 4ward to getting to kno everyone.

P.S. I would love to know about school also my next step is going to school to become a nurse.
Jobs are hard to come by in Daytona. Don't move unless you have a job first. UCF has a campus in Daytona that has a nursing program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida