U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:59 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,757,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
REPLY: Another pop fine-sounding philosophy...however, the way an entire nation gets to the moral sewer is from a growing adherence to actions, behavior, and motives which are wrong. It SHOULD bother you when you hear of a woman who chooses to utterly degrade herself and be a bad example to other women and girls...thru having sexual immorality for money and making it public. Saying it is alright to do demonstrates a could-care-less-attitude and shows a willingness to suppress your moral conscience ; dont let our out of control Culture dupe you any longer.
If laws didn't change as society beliefs/views change themselves over the some 233 years, woman wouldn't have the right to vote today. So just because the people who founded this country years ago, said x,y,z are the right things to found our country on then, doesn't mean that those things are right for today's society. Things change for the good and the bad, hopefully more for the good. We as a society are evolving just as the laws need to evolve along with us. Yes I wish woman in certain industries would have enough respect for themselves to go another path. But I have no right to judge her for what she has chosen to do.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,940,083 times
Default Fortunately, my parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Wrong. That is not ALL that matters. Theres plenty of things which one can do that is destructive to oneself , society, and a nation. Show you care about right from wrong , morally, and youll be a good example to your children regardless of whether they are small or grown.
born in 1919 and 1920, did NOT have that attitude. I passed their views on to MY now grown children. I feel confident my daughter will also do the same.

I say daughter, since my older daughter is gay, and may not in her lifetime have the right to marry the person she loves, as her straight sister just did.

You are barking up the WRONG tree with me.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or