U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 03:39 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,156,470 times

Advertisements

I copied this over from another thread and started a new thread. I hope that is allowed. Any Florida actors out there working in Florida that want to share anything they have been in made in Florida? How is the business doing now in Florida? Florida was once touted to be an up and coming movie location.
The poster said (quote)
Originally Posted by Yuffie
So, I've worked for companies that treat me like crap and the pay is low - but their like food etc. I am an aspiring actress & my dream is to work in any part of the entertainment industry. My DREAM would be to get cast as a disney princess, but I'm aware that's very difficult to do. However, my hobby (when I'm not working) is making costumes and dressing up (called 'cosplay' - kinda like Halloween... I go to anime conventions. yeah, I know, I'm a 'freak' LOL).

So... if I'm already getting paid minimum wage & treated like crap, then the upside would be I'd be doing what I love - entertaining and putting smiles on children's faces. Even as one of those tour guides, that'd also be something I'd be interested in ^_^.

Anyway, it seems that people will always have mixed feelings, but if the basic job is more than just a 'job' (working retail/food) then the pros may outweigh the cons.

I'm not looking for a lifetime career. Just a year or two to gain that experience. But, besides other theme parks (which I don't believe treat their employees any differently than Disney does) where else can you dress up and play pretend? Or extend your disbelief and go on a safari trip?

I know I may be naive, but I've only been to Disney world when I was 3 (which I don't remember) and 18, so the 'magical' aspect was from an adult's eyes to begin with. I know what goes on behind-the-scenes for movies and plays & I personally love that. Some people don't & that's okay, but it makes my heart warm & fuzzy when I think I could be a small part of the magic for little kids ^_^.

Granted, that's if they'll even hire me LOL
Reply by mango23
Florida does make a lot of movies. I am not really an actor but have been in 9 movies filmed in Florida and some TV. I am not aspiring it is just fun but you may hook up. You need to go on some casting calls if you don't already. By the way, I have long hair a long beard big arms am older and look like an old biker. Sometimes it is not the pretty boys who get the parts. I know a few people as well and that always helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or