U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:38 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,953,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
How about low 90's with "feels like" temps in the low 100's? Central FL averages approximately 110 days per year of temps above 90 - and that doesnt even include the humidity factor. 80's..... who sold you that line, your realtor, LOL?
I have been here over 20 years, a few down around Miami, a few north of Orlando and the rest on the west coast.

Above 90 is fine for me.

No matter how many of these threads we get many people still can not comprehend that different people like different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,007,325 times
Lol - sorry com - I missed that one - I hope everyone had a great holiday - what ever you celebrate, hope it was great!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 AM

3,926 posts, read 10,318,692 times
These type of polls/posts should be in the Weather Forum and not overshadowing the State/City Forums...jmho.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 12-27-2009 at 09:08 AM..

Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 AM

8,964 posts, read 6,274,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I have been here over 20 years, a few down around Miami, a few north of Orlando and the rest on the west coast.

Above 90 is fine for me.

No matter how many of these threads we get many people still can not comprehend that different people like different things.
Not everyone is the same obviously, but plenty of research has been done to try and figure out what temperature is the most comortable for a person. And that range is between 68 and 78, and humidity between 35% to 65%. Temps in the 90's with humidity close to 90 is not supposed to feel comfortable to the human body.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,953,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Not everyone is the same obviously, but plenty of research has been done to try and figure out what temperature is the most comortable for a person. And that range is between 68 and 78, and humidity between 35% to 65%. Temps in the 90's with humidity close to 90 is not supposed to feel comfortable to the human body.
The majority of the population of the world live in a climate that averages above 75 degrees. That is about the same as Miami and about 3 degrees higher than Orlando.

How can you sat that " Temps in the 90's with humidity close to 90 is not supposed to feel comfortable to the human body."?

That 90 degrees is going to feel drastically different to someone that weighs 300 lbs and someone that weighs 190. Let alone a myriad of other factors.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:41 AM

5,739 posts, read 12,455,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
There is reason why people from the north snowbird here for only a few months and then go back north, to avoid these months.
Well with Global Warming summers are just as hot up north now as they are in Florida, some places worse actually

The Dakotas can reach 120 in the summer time! Yikes, I'd rather be in Florida thanks!

Id rather enjoy a nice Florida winter as well, no -30 for me thanks. Keep that in North Dakota where it belongs

Old 12-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Nice Davie - that is good to know - I didn't know it got that hot there - yikes is right!! - myquestion is when can we say it is just hot? Does 120 dry heat feel different form 85 and very humid? I don't know?

Old 12-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Nice Davie - that is good to know - I didn't know it got that hot there - yikes is right!! - myquestion is when can we say it is just hot? Does 120 dry heat feel different form 85 and very humid? I don't know?
idk. 120 dry may feel like 100 but not much less then that. thats still brutally hot either way

ill take 85 and humid over 120 dry any time any day. say it was 106 or 107 dry, id take that over 95 and humid

im curious as to what summers will be like when i move to las vegas

btw it doesnt normally get that hot in north dakota, maybe mid or upper 80s sounds about right. the midwest is a place of extremes, usually the further inland you are the mmore extreme weather can be. i read once abouta city in russia (Cant remmbe rwhere sorry) but it claimed to have the highest temperature range of any city in the world, setting a record low of -98 in the winter, with a record high of 102 in the summer! hows that for extreme. yikes x10!!!!!!!!!! :O

Old 12-27-2009, 01:59 PM

Whoa - that's crazy - so your on your way to Vegas huh - well I hear it is nice over there too- good luck with that - my friend lived there and she said it got so hot there that cheap sneakers would melt if you stood still to long - lol - I thought she was exhaggerating but her mother confirmed tha the Keds they had melted (the rubber on te bottom) - now that is hot!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Whoa - that's crazy - so your on your way to Vegas huh - well I hear it is nice over there too- good luck with that - my friend lived there and she said it got so hot there that cheap sneakers would melt if you stood still to long - lol - I thought she was exhaggerating but her mother confirmed tha the Keds they had melted (the rubber on te bottom) - now that is hot!
idk depends on the pavement, thats why so many homes in the desert southwest have red tile roofs instead of the typical dark grey or black shingles. dark shingles absorb a lot of heat and can heat up to 190 F! literally hot enough to fry an egg

the same applies with dark pavement, i imagine cheap shoes would melt if you stood still too long in a place like vegas, phoenix, any desert city

yes im very exicted about moving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida