U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:27 PM

627 posts, read 1,177,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
***sigh***

Seems people are never happy no matter where they are!!

"It's too hot"
"It's too cold"
"There's too much rain"
"There's too much snow"
"Is it ever gonna rain?"
"Is it ever gonna cool off?"
"Is it ever gonna heat up?"

No matter where we are, we should just be plain old happy that we woke up in the morning & have 2 arms/legs, can see & hear, can walk, etc etc....

Oh, & no...the heat doesn't bother me...
Optimism at its finest! Ill make sure I think of you tomorrow when I wake up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM

4,723 posts, read 12,402,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
It's EXTREMELY hot and disgusting HUMID! The weather suck

I can't believe people living in this state during the summer months... I would rather have -500 F than 90s and 100s Heat Index with 100% humidity.
Do you own an oven?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 PM

2,473 posts, read 4,834,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Optimism at its finest! Ill make sure I think of you tomorrow when I wake up
LOL!! You do that!!! I'll make the pancakes...

It ain't optimism...it's old-fashioned common sense!! We can't control the weather, so if you hate heat, don't live in mainly hot areas. If you hate cold, don't live in mainly cold areas. There ain't no place with perfect weather 365!!! Life's too damn short!!!

But it's just human nature to wanna complain.

When I have a contractor or individual who does a good job for me, I'm right on the phone to (or in person with) their manager to let them know what a great employee they have. People will call right away for a negative experience, but few & far between will call for a positive one...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:23 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,950,611 times
It was 94 degrees yesterday with a heat index of 108. Not pleasant. Today was the first day we got a BIG rain storm. Most of the time thus far it has just been dark clouds, lot of thunder and lightening, and just a drippy rain for a few minutes, which has done nothing to break the heat and humidity. I stay inside in the AC all the time.

No, I don't like it, but I am a cold weather person who isn't crazy about 75 degrees in January either. To each his own.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM

1,310 posts, read 2,707,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
This is not a hot summer, for Florida it is almost mild. We can be down right hot at times, but right now this is pretty nice. It is just a matter of perspective, it could be a lot worse. I love all the rain, my grass and vegetables are very happy.
Up here in the Panhandle, awhile back, we had 2 full weeks of upper 90's and lower 100's which was pretty unusally high for late June . Its been about 90 f the past few weeks which feels cool compared to before. This is my first summer here in Florida --- what a way to get broken in !

Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,526,299 times
I'll trade off July-Aug (which if I'm honest, I'm not overly fond of) for the dreadful winters up north.
Just like I tell people moving down here...do your outside activities in the morning or early evening and you won't be a "prisoner" in the A/C.

If you think you're held hostage by the weather ANYWHERE then you should live there.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 PM

541 posts, read 1,814,824 times
Eh.. its better than up North in the winter but not great. We have not been to the theme parks in weeks even though we love them and have tickets for all of them. Wait-we did go on Manta the other night but got to Sea World at 4:30pm I am thinking San Diego or Hawaii next.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 PM

289 posts, read 422,637 times
I hate july and august cause of the humidity. However, having lived in atlanta 40 years it is much worse there cause there is no ocean breeze. The humidity makes me very grouchy.

The last few nights it has been 75 degrees with low humidity so it is very nice. I have all my windows open now and am enjoying the breeze.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:03 AM

324 posts, read 898,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy2008 View Post
I hate july and august cause of the humidity. However, having lived in atlanta 40 years it is much worse there cause there is no ocean breeze. The humidity makes me very grouchy.

The last few nights it has been 75 degrees with low humidity so it is very nice. I have all my windows open now and am enjoying the breeze.
Depends where you live in Florida. The humidity in Gainesville/Ocala is probably the worst in the nation. I'm so glad to have moved away from it. It's been kind of bad up here in SC this month but at least it cools down at night.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM

981 posts, read 2,514,946 times
Meh, what are you gonna do. Of course it's hot here in the summer. That's life in the South. There aren't too many places in this country (or the world for that matter) you can go that are perfect weather year round, except maybe San Diego? I've never been to Cali but I hear it's very mild year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida